1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone else starting to think we might trade up for Barron

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CATCH17, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,366 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    I absolutely believe that we are moving up to Miami's #8 spot to take Mark Barron. I posted a hypothetical thread a couple of days ago. It wasn't by chance. I pray he is our next Darren Woodson. He certainly has the tools.

I then want Amini Silatou at 45.
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I say we call the Bills bluff. If he is available after their pick, we hop up and snag him at #11.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Im pretty sure if we're all in our right minds.. you're incorrect.
  4. a_minimalist

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    It makes me very happy to see someone like you say that. I was all about DeCastro until about 2-3 days ago. Barron is looking more and more like a stud whenever I watch videos with him in it. He looks exactly like he could be the next Darren Woodson which would make a huge difference on D.

Barron/Silatolu would be INSANE!!!!!
  5. Hostile

118,366 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    I prefer DeCastro. I would rather take Harrison Smith in the 2nd.
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received

Again, I want us to move up a few spots if neccesary. I don't want us trading into the top 10. I am willing to move up to 11-12, if it ensures we don't get leap frogged for him.

Anything further would be too costly for me.
  7. a_minimalist

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I want to hear that so I'm going to pretend it wasn't said. Lol
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Darren Woodson wouldn't be able to play in today's NFL.. and if we trade up to 8, i doubt we have 45 anymore.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    Lollll

The same Darren Woodson that guarded slot receivers couldn't play in today's NFL?
  10. Hostile

118,366 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Not without being able to hit people, no.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    I gotta disagree man. He is and IMO will always be the prototype for the SS position.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Haha, alright i may have misspoke. Im sure he could still be a player, but he wouldn't be the player we all remember and love without being able to lay people out.
  14. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    I could live w/ a trade up to 8 to get Barron. I assume Miami is trading down to get Tannehill. Seems reasonable
  15. cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx Member

375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Agree... Just a couple of weeks ago the buzz was that Barron at 14 would be a reach, and from the film I've seen, he isn't worth #14, not that I'm some sort of expert scout...

I really don't want Barron... I'm not with burning a top-15 pick on a Safety that doesn't excel in coverage...

The only player I feel is worth moving up to pick is Melvin Ingram...
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,212 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received

14 to 8 is going to cost us a 3rd and probably a 4th as well.

If we go up, it better be for a pass rusher like Cox. Giving up multiple picks to move into the top 10 to draft a safety is unheard of.
  17. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    this ^ I think Silatou is still a bit raw but a very powerful man and with proper coaching is going to be ALL pro...Barron gives the defense a chance to run Rob Ryans scheme...I am just hoping by some lucky fate that Wolfe can make it to our 3rd pick

with

Barron
    Silatou
    Wolfe
    this would REALLY help the Cowboys..I like all three of these players very much

if we could add
    Haywood and a center prospect man what an amazing haul that would be
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received

They are talking about Wolfe creeping up into the 1st round.
  19. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I don't mind trading up for Barron, but I would target pick #11. I'm not in favor of trading the compensation needed to get inside the Top 10.

There's a beat writer in Buffalo that covers the Bills that has successfully picked the last 4 Buffalo first round draft picks, and he said Buffalo is taking Kuechly if he's there. Norm said he head the same thing from a source. I could see Dave Wannstedt liking Kuechly, he's a perfect chase LB for his 4-3 scheme.

Kansas City is said to like Kuechly at #11, so that takes their player off the board. They would probably be willing to trade the pick cheap to Dallas to fall back 3 spots. They probably have DeCastro/Poe/Brockers rated about evenly, and one of them will definitely be there at #14.