1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Anyone else think Shaun Alexander is soft

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 1Ware1, Jan 19, 2006.

1. 1Ware1

1Ware1 New Member

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I had mad respect for him in Alabama,but what happened?Sure ,he scored 28 Td's and won the rushing title,League MVP,Offensive MVP and alot of awards,but I wanna question his heart.
    Perhaps he was aware of the fact that he only had 64 rushing yards in the first matchup vs.the skins.Maybe he new he was going to get punished by that Redskins D.I wanna question that hit he took that caused the concussion.People who get concussions don't jump around on the sidelines.
    Majority of his big runs are because he isn't touched and his speed.Yes,I cannot deny the fact,that numbers don't lie.He is a good back and maybe what I am saying is pointless.
    If I am not mistaken they did a poll on ESPN(by the players) a few months ago,that rated Alexander the most over-rated backs in the league.Maybe this guy cannont take the big hits and hides his self centerless fear of getting hit.Or,maybe the players around the league no that this guy is soft and doesnt deserve the respect he gets
  2. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Haha, does this sentence not off-set itself?
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,266 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    He does carry the soft label. I think he is pretty darn good, but there is just something about him. I don't think he faked the injury or anything like that. Those concussions are quirky things. Seattle should be wary of him playing this week although they will need him to win.

Of course we are all spoiled having Emmitt on the team. One of the toughest. And growing up watching Walter Payton. Those two guys set the bar really high and few can reach that even if they do achieve some great stats. I am a big Tomlinson fan, but he doesn't reach the levels of Emmitt and Walter in my opinion.
  4. 1Ware1

1Ware1 New Member

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's talk about him on the sidelines in the most critical game of the year and jumping around like a cheerleader
  5. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Alexander is a lanky athletic type... I wouldn't dare call a professional running back soft... Play a game in a premier pro RB's shoes and then come tell me who's soft.
  6. joseephuss

23,266 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    I will gladly take being called soft for that pay check. Where do I sign up? :D
  7. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope, great RB!
  8. mr.jameswoods

mr.jameswoods Active Member

3,678 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    We didn't call Aikman soft when he sufferred a concusion and had to leave a game.
  9. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,221 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    He's known around the league as being soft according to Howie Long and his interview with Shaun. I wondered about the "concussion" myself. I'm sure Holgrem left him out for the sake of injury. Washington was a wrecking ball out there on defense and the back-up RB was getting the job done. Save Alexander for the championship if the situation lends itself.
  10. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Soft?
    No.
    He's an excellent RB.
    But his fantasy numbers are a result of one of the best O-Lines in football.
  11. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

3,464 Messages
    1,363 Likes Received
    Got the rushing title this year and came what? ten yards short last year. How anybody can call him soft is beyond me.

It seems the time when people questioned him were the same times Seattle were choking and looked like their receivers were allergic to catching.

Seattle have a very good line but he does run hard as well. Next year if he is sniffing around the rushing title again can you call anybody else in the league a better back?
  12. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I still do. If he didnt have hutch and Jones it wouldn't be so easy. I'd love to see him go to another team, and have to really rough it out for his yards.
  13. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,682 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    He certainly appears to be soft when you see him talk, but he sure as hell doesn't play soft.
  14. KINGBRICE_28

KINGBRICE_28 New Member

1,234 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have only had 1.5 concussions in my life and I can say even a mild one will keep you from "jumping" a ton.....however....I could of easily jumped in the air if my team just scored ......

if he had a level 1 or 2........he would of been in the training room.....

about the extra 0.5....I didn't have a headache afterward but I was dizzy for a minute so I didn't really count it much......
  15. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

3,464 Messages
    1,363 Likes Received
    You can say that but people say the same about Emmit. While the line has a great deal to do with it the back can't be just average to break records and win rushing titles.
  16. joseephuss

23,266 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    I don't think soft is the exact word that should be used. No one who gets to the NFL is soft, but there is something about the style of his play. He is not as punishing as his size. He plays smaller. Don't get me wrong, he plays pretty darn well. Results matter over style. I compared him to Payton earlier because Payton played bigger than his size. You can't go wrong with Alexander. He compares well with the other top backs in the league. There are a few that I would take over himright now, but not many. It will be very interesting to see what Seattle does with Alexander after this season, especially if they go on to win it all.
  17. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I don't think he's soft, but dude sure disappears come playoff or crunch time. Kinda like Peyton....
  18. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

14,169 Messages
    1,176 Likes Received
    nah, but peyton manning is soft;)
  19. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I wish we had a Running back as soft!
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

56,664 Messages
    9,087 Likes Received
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think he is soft.