1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone Ever Have Kidney Stones?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would find a different practice before you come across a Dr. Oops.
  2. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are begging for problems.
  3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    The Dr. told me there's not much you can do, or much they have proven, regarding diet. He did say cokes are theoretically bad because of sulfate or something. I was on morphine and don't remember exactly.
  4. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When your stones are caffeine trust me, it's bad to drink a bunch of it.
  5. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I see. I honestly don't know as much as I should about it. I'll be doing some reading about it as soon as I get caught up with my life.
  6. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    So I'm scared. I missed my appointment this morning for the stent removal. I thought it was later today. So they're telling me I have to have it removed next week unless I want to try to get it removed at the E.R.

I'm terrified of the pain and I don't know what I should do at this point. On one hand, I think my stuff may heal a bit more and it won't be as painful. On the other, I just want the thing out so I can go about my business.

Suggestions and/or inputs from those who have experienced this?
  7. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I've psyched myself out enough. I'm going to the E.R. to get this done, hopefully. Called the nurse and she said I may have another kidney infection. Yay! I'm so looking forward to this. I can't wait.
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IF you are due to get it out, do so. The faster the better and you can get on with life.
  9. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I'm trying. If they don't take it out here at the E.R., I'm going to take it out myself. Everything I've found says that I can take it out. I don't see why not. I would be more comfortable doing it myself. I don't remember ever being such a weenie about something--no pun intended.
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You must have something different from what I had. It has been 20 years when I had my stent and there was no way I was removing it. Heck, I couldn't even see it. Doctor had to use some kind of scope and fish it out. If this is something you can remove yourself then it might not be as bad or as painful as mine was. Again, probably something different.
  11. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I shouldn't have googled anything about removing the stent. It really freaked me out. The worst part is having your woman dump you on your ride home from having it implanted. I'm not sure which was more painful. Joking aside, I really think if they don't remove it here, I'm going to pull it like a lawn mower string and see what happens.

McCoy has seen better days, ladies and gentlemen.
  12. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Yes, I've read that some don't come with a string attached to them. Mine, fortunately, has a string attached. So if something doesn't happen quick, I'm going to hit the whiskey bottle, the pain meds and get to work on it (as bad as that sounds).
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not a doctor but I have started a few lawn mowers in my day and that does not sound like the proper procedure to remove it. You may need more than a bottle of whiskey.
  14. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I plan on doing it myself if the e.r. Dr. won't do it. They just brought me back. I haven't seen a doc yet, but I hope it's over soon. I think I'll just use some meds and whiskey and, from what I've read, it's easier to take it out yourself than to have someone else do it.
  15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,954 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    Mixing booze with those pain meds is not the way to go.....unless you are looking for a peaceful way to go.

That stuff will shut you down quick. Pass out and never wake up and it's far more common than you would imagine.

You really shouldn't mix the two and for your sake, I hope you don't.

I'm not sure why you would go tugging on that thing. Sure it sucks but consider the alternative if you aggravate something. You could at least call the office and ask if it's okay to remove it at home. At the beginning of this thread you were talking about the worst pain you could imagine and now you want to jerk something out?
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you still in the ER? Geez, seems like you've been there all night.
  17. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I was a boozer for the first 27 years of my life. I wasn't saying I was going to get all out drunk, just a little something to give me the courage. But I'm taking what you're saying very seriously.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Yeah, I was just chatting with the really hot 4th year med student. I'm hoping she's not in here while I'm getting it taken out, if they in fact do that.
  19. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Also, the reason for the string, at least according to some, is so that you can take it out at home. That part I'd never think about unless it was meant for that. On the other hand, I wish they'd put you under for this. It's really taking a toll on me--even psychologically now.
  20. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    LOL. You're here in Austin. I just saw the Dr. Chopp guy. And Dr. Wang. I'm trying to find something, anything, to make me laugh in the midst of this.