1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone here ever been to the NFL Draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by TheCowboy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,437 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    We are looking into possibly going to the 2014 Draft for my father's 60th birthday. I read online that there is no way to buy tickets and you actually have to line up near Radio City Music Hall and be issued tickets. Is this true?

Anyone have any stories or info on how to obtain tickets? Thanks
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,913 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    Its probably a lot different now, but I went back in 07 (the Julius Jones draft). It was the longest first round in NFL history, and Dallas didn't even pick.

Basically, we drove down to just outside NYC the night before the draft, and left the place we stayed at 4am to get in line. Waited a few hours just to get tickets, then it was another couple of hours before we were able to actually go in. It was the longest freaking day ever, and not worth the hassle.
  3. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,437 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    Thanks for the reply man. I was hoping to get them on Stubhub or something to avoid all the hassle. Is it something you're glad you did? I'd like to go at least once in my life if possible
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,913 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    I mean I guess I'm glad to say I went, and I guess its probably a lot different now that its a prime time event.

Unless I had a place to stay right in Manhattan near Radio City, I wouldn't do it again.
    TheCowboy likes this.
  5. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,437 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    Oh yeah that must have brutal when they did 3 rounds in one day. Did you stay all 7 rounds?
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,913 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    Hell no lol, I think we left after like halfway through the second.

It was the year before they cut the first round from 15 to 10 minutes per pick...I think the first round was like 7 hours or something absurd.

The more I think about it, I bet its a lot more fun now, though less of an experience altogether.
    TheCowboy likes this.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,322 Messages
    3,625 Likes Received
    The NFL draft should be at Cowboys Stadium every year.
  8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,255 Messages
    514 Likes Received

This Q and A made me lol
    TheCowboy and Future like this.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    2004??
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,913 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    Shoot, I was hoping nobody would catch onto that lol. It was the Anthony Spencer draft when they traded down with Cleveland. I confused myself with the trades writing that op.