1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone not excited about the draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboyChris, Apr 18, 2006.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,338 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    in years past, i couldnt wait till the draft, i would browse the internet for hours getting all the info i could for the upcoming draft, but this year i havent even read one mock except for the one Goose put out a few days ago.

i dunno what it is? maybe this years class isnt getting me excited, i dont think the RB, WR, or CB class is all that great this year, other than Vince Young who i know we will not be getting, no other player excites me at all. i know come next saturday ill be glued to the tv, but till then im hardly excited.
  2. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

5,157 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    I haven't been reading as many mocks, but that goes back the last several years (save last season) for me.

I generally don't like reading a bunch of uneducated opinions on who will be taken as low as 18. In the top 10, I get more giddy to read any and every opinion...but when we're picking near the 20s, it just gets so much harder to guess.

But I am excited. Primarily because I'm hopeful some unexpected high-calibre prospect will fall. And if not, hopefully one of the guys I like will be taken.

My fear, though, is always that I'll get my hopes up only to see them dashed. I think the Stephen Jackson/Kevin Jones draft scarred me for life in that sense. Things worked out pretty well, but still, that draft-day zinger really hurt. :)
  3. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I cant wait for the draft to put the final pcs. to the puzzle only thing it will be a long wait til 18
  4. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love the draft every yr...even in 00 and 01 when we didnt have a 1st rd pick I loved the draft...always have, always will...

this yr should be even better with NFL network jumping in with FT coverage as well...I cant wait

David
  5. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    The Redskins :laugh1:
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say I'm not excited about it but I don't get too worked up for it either. I only care about who the Cowboys pick and where DeAngelo goes.
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This years draft class >>>>>> Last years

This draft is also much more unpredictable, last year you pretty much knew the top 4-5 picks, this year with all the trade talk its a crapshoot
  8. elcocinero

elcocinero Member

482 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Anybody know if ESPN is going to have it in High Def?
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,660 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    The last two years I've been able to hold back my "enthusiasm" till a day or two before the draft. No sense getting all fired up over a week in advance.

Not easy to do, but I just focus on things I have/want to do in the nearer future and that usually works.

I'm more excited about watching House tonight then I am about the draft.

By the way, thanks to Mr. Mosely (sp?) for getting me interested in that show. Dr House is the man! :yourock:
  10. ka0tik

ka0tik DALLAS

2,949 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I really dont get excited till the actual day..:lmao:
  11. cleverusername

cleverusername New Member

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The draft is a stupid, boring waste of time!! I am so sick and tired of hearing about it.
  12. cleverusername

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received

S...I.............KE!!!

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  13. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,448 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Actually, I'm more into the draft this year...

Last year, I had no idea who we even drafted lol...

I always used to root for the Cowboys during the regular season, but after a disappointing season, I would just shut the Cowboys out of my life.

I stumbled across this site, and now i have learned that offseasons can be fun also.
  14. Raneiron#31

Raneiron#31 Member

93 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Yeah im excited but i have to go to a dam wedding on draft day. im so mad
  15. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,076 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I have always enjoyed both the offseason FA and the draft. I subscribe every year for Kiper's report, and have done so for the last 25-30 years. I used to also subscribe to Joel Bushbaum's and also Ourlad. Now I only subscribe to one because the only thing I need from them is the info about all the players.
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the draft? what's that?
  17. cleverusername

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have to play golf for a bachelor party at 12:00 on Sat., But I'm bringing my mp3 player for sure and am trying to decide if my "bad knee" is going to start acting up. I like the guy, but it's the draft.:confused:
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,997 Messages
    2,111 Likes Received
    cowboys fans are probably less excited b/c we dont have a top 10 pick...or 2 first rounders. when was the last time we could say that?
  19. Rudy

Rudy Member

696 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I haven't been more excited for a draft ever. This years class is far superb to any in probably the last 5 years.
  20. bobbie brewskie

bobbie brewskie New Member

651 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    why are you friends with a guy who is skipping the draft to play golf for his bachelor party? arent you supposed to have strippers and all that fun stuff at your bachelor party . . . i mean if your not gonna do all that, you should atleast watch the draft, not go golfing . . . :D jk.