1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone own a Walther PPK in .380

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CliffnMesquite, Jul 27, 2013.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,043 Messages
    3,279 Likes Received
    Do you go on 2-3 AM 7-11 Cig or soda runs so often that you really need a separate gun instead of one of the guns you already have?

Seriously?

Seems like instead of just taking a gun you already have because it is a hassle you want to waste money on another smaller gun that will neither have the power you are used to nor the feel.

Sorry, just seems a little crazy to me to buy a gun for just that purpose when it sounds like you already have a perfectly good gun.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,248 Messages
    3,184 Likes Received
    It's a decent gun for a purse and for pocket or ankle carry as a backup. I've run into some who just don't like a 'bigger' gun for whatever reason including those that don't make a lot of sense. I don't consider it a very good primary weapon for defense. OTOH, plenty of people die from GSWs with smaller caliper bullets every day.
  3. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    That'ste="ologan, post: 5124966, member: 7440"]Hmmm.....sorta like a golfer's golf bag....what club should I use in this situation? Don't need the driver when the putter will do!
    I've got a S&W 9mm that I will most likely augment very soon with a "driver", or at least a "fairway wood", so to speak. I would really love to have a Colt Combat Commander .45, because that's the weapon I fired thousands of rounds thru in the service. Too expensive, though.[/quote]

That's exactly right. A summer gun and a winter gun. A 2am gun and a 3pm gun. Choice is the spice of life.
  4. CliffnMesquite

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I'm
    going to buy one just to spite you.

;)
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,043 Messages
    3,279 Likes Received

LOL Well it is YOUR money so it is no cash out of my pocket.
  6. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,721 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Glock 23. Over a thousand rounds down range and not single jam. Small enough to take nearly everywhere.
  7. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,010 Messages
    129 Likes Received
  8. CliffnMesquite

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received