1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Anyone seen anything on how Hatcher looked?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RCowboyFan, Jun 5, 2006.

1. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Against the veteran Lineman, when and if he went against them this Mini-Camp? Parchy?
  2. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

693 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Not only that, what about how Spears, Canty and Ware looked - after their first off-season weight training?
    Did they look smooth in practise, baulked up ? What ! Haven't seen any comments on these guys yet - it's killing me !!!
  3. 31smackdown

31smackdown Active Member

1,035 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    It may be hard to evaluate the linemen in shorts..

but I'd like to hear how the LB's did in coverage.. since i think it will be a big part of our success or failure this year with the Te's and Rb's in the division
  4. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah, me too. I was hoping for some tidbits on them, hopefully, the writers have saved them for later articles since its going to be almost 7-8 weeks before TC starts.
  5. parchy

parchy New Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I couldn't tell much about the linemen. Their entire postion is predicated upon how much contact they can hold and sustain, and that aspect of the game is eliminated without pads. I can tell you that Hatcher surprised me with his speed. On looks alone, you'd think you were looking at Jason Taylor. I don't know much about him, but he definitely has an NFL-ready body.

As far as Carpenter goes, like the linemen, there's only so much you can see with those guys. Mini camp is really a time for quarterbacks and defensive backs, I think. However, Pasqualoni was very complimentary of Bobby during their "pop and move" drills. I heard him say "nice job, Bobby" a couple of times.

I completely missed Watkins on the field, but I saw him in the locker room and he's one lanky guy. Not as skinny as I thought he would be though. I have high hopes for him.

Ware is still fast as hell. I don't know how he does things half as fast as he does. I can't tell if he's put on a ton of weight, but he rips around those dummies with a lot more agility than you'd think possible from a guy his size. I can remember thinking how quick he looked when I saw him in preseason last year, but he looks quicker than he did then, if that's even possible.
  6. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    To make each second, minute and day seem like forever the Zone needs to add a time counter. This has already been a very long offseason.
  7. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Or how about some pics of Beriault(who bulked up) or Ware(now tipping the scales at 260).
  8. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Great, thanks for those observations, Parchy. I was looking for those morsels. Especially your observation of Hatcher is even more encouraging, even if you didn't see specific matches. If athletic ability is there, then I guess at least he has a good chance.
  9. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,074 Messages
    95 Likes Received

I love you man. Hold on a minute I think I'm tearing up ... these kind of posts are what I live for this time of year.
  10. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

693 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Again, thanks Parchy for the insight ! We fans really live for this stuff and appreciate it when you can give us some info. Well done my good man, and keep em comming!
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    must mean he's applying his agility that you saw from last year, more this year in practice, he showed some impressive agility last year in offseason camps, but in rushing the passer during the season, it seemed to disappear, I think the coaches sat him down some and told him that he needed to expand his pass-rushing moves, and apply them more than he has been
  12. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From a few reports T.O. was well...T.O. that doesn't come as a surprise to me but what about Crayton because before his unfortunate injury he was quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the team because I enjoy cheering on the underdog!
  13. parchy

parchy New Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I actually talked to Patrick about that, and he seems rather upbeat about his opportunity in 2006. His ankle is 100% and he's back on the same page with everyone else. Although I don't know that I'd call Mr. Crayton an underdog... the man has earned the right to be here.
  14. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Entering last season he was definitely considered an underdog but now he's earned a spot on the team because of his toughness, a lot of guys wouldn't have come back after suffering a broken ankle...
  15. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,162 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Thanks Parchy
  16. sharph20

sharph20 Member

324 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's amazing! Can't wait to see him take down alot of QBs this year.
  17. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,479 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Thanks a lot, Parchy! You made my day, man. I wish we could get some video of some of the mini-camps. The Browns' site had a place where you could watch a video showing WRs running routes & making catches, defensive players running through dummies, all players doing agility drills.

It sure would be nice to get an inside look via video, but I don't know if BP would allow that. Anyway, great morsels of info I haven't heard anywhere else, Parchy.

Thanks again.