1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone want to take a guess at who said this?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by brett2223, Nov 19, 2012.

1. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,192 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    You have a really bizarre concept of leadership.
  2. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received
  3. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,653 Messages
    448 Likes Received
    It was Romo.
  4. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    livings?

mccray?

sensabaugh?
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    was it ernie sims?
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,588 Messages
    2,748 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan? Most of our fans?
  7. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,187 Messages
    935 Likes Received
    They said it was a starter, so if we look at the 11 guys on both sides of the ball and eliminate the choir boys that leaves Dez, Vickers, Ratliff, Carter, and Spears (he did start Sunday didnt he). I'm going to go with Ratliff
  8. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,401 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    L.P. Ladouceur
  9. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,084 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    I wish it were true. That's true leadership...definitely someone I'd like to go to battle with
  10. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,288 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    It was Dan Bailey
  11. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received

i actually joked to my wife it might be him.:laugh2:

maybe it was connor or spencer
  12. brett2223

brett2223 Member

251 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    There has to be someone on this board that knows.. I honestly don't.. If anyone has the info please share...
  13. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,764 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I am going to guess since this is NOT a divided team....I am going to say it was someone on offense. After the defense makes a goaline stand.....we simply dive into the OL 3 times and punt and send the defense back onto the field. I would like to think the entire team was embarassed by that....and I HOPE people on offense were embarassed that they never attempted to get a 1st down to finish the game.
  14. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,493 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Listen to Witten's post game interview on DC.com.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,046 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    I think it should be taken with a grain of salt. No other reporter is reporting it in a day of technology so advanced that they all have handheld recorders.

Werder never wanted to share who his inside source was over the Owens flap. He enjoys feeling a bit superior to other reporters. It blew up. He had everyone in the DFW media scrambling to discover who the "snitch" might be. He loved every minute of it. That source was Brad Johnson. No, I am not guessing.

I don't know that this one exists. There simply wasn't time for Werder to have one on one time with a player, have that player make the comment and say not to use his name, and get his story out there. And the player not wanting his name attached is crucial to the story here. It's not like Werder simply decided to protect a player. He doesn't do that. This is calculated. He keeps it anonymous to look important. More important than other reporters who didn't hear this.

Could it have been said? Yes, but I really doubt it was. If it had been, there would be a name attached. And if that name denied it, Werder would have his recording.

In this case, he has his story, and that's all he cares about. The more sensational, the better. That makes it sensational. It doesn't make it real.
  16. Zordon

Zordon Infinite Crab Meats...

8,240 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    probably someone on the oline. i could see anyone of those 5 guys saying it.
  17. preacher238

preacher238 Member

497 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Well, someone has some common sense around here.

Well said......
  18. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

also, I don't see anything controversial at all about the statement. why would any player care about being quoted saying that? there is no reason to want it to be kept confidential. so, I would lean toward Werder having made this up as well.
  19. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    That would be my guess as well.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    Me either. Im actually happy to hear a statement like that come from this team.