1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

AP Pro32 comments about Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NEW YORK (AP) - Comments on the Dallas Cowboys by the AP Pro32 panel (ranking in parentheses):

DALLAS COWBOYS (16)

Chris Berman (ESPN, 13) - Bottle that fourth quarter in Philly and use often.

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 16) - All is not lost. The Cowboys are very much in the NFC East picture.

Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 16)

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 16) - Important and much needed win for the Cowboys, but I still don't see them making the playoffs.

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 15) - A season-saving win at Philly? Could be. With Giants slumping and a soft schedule for Dallas, the Cowboys might be back in the mix.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 16) - The Cowboys played six of their first nine games on the road in their 4-5 start. This weekend they begin a three-game homestand and all three are win-able - 2-7 Cleveland, 3-6 Washington and 3-6 Philadelphia.

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 16) - The Cowboys think they're going to the playoffs, but somebody forgot to tell them eight teams are ahead of them in the NFC.

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 17) - Jason Garrett lives for another day, but Jerry Jones' clock is ticking.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 19) - A big win over the Eagles will go a long way to restore some confidence in this team. They have teased us before (opening day road win over the Giants). Keep an eye on rookie QB Nick Foles, who may have to start with Vick coming off a concussion.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 14) - A huge win over the Eagles. I said last week that this is a team capable of making a run. With Cleveland and Washington in the near future, it looks like a distinct possibility.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 20) - Despite all the doom and gloom in October, a win over Philadelphia and favorable upcoming schedule have put the Cowboys right back into the thick of the NFC playoff race.

Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 17) - Cowboys get five of their next six at home and could get hot.

---

Online:

http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
  2. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,699 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    God I hope they don't crap the bed against the Browns...

I'm worried about this week.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,599 Messages
    5,511 Likes Received
    Right where I expect us to be drafting next April. Somewhere between 13 and 17.
  4. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,960 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Clark Judge's comment made me :huh: Doesn't he realize the Giants are only 1.5 games ahead of us?
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,535 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Problem is we all know that home field advantage means next to nothing. I so wish it did.
  6. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Who on the cowboys has said we are going to the playoffs? I hate when media say **** like that.
  7. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    "Chris Berman (ESPN, 13) - Bottle that fourth quarter in Philly and use often."

this defense has the individual talent to do what we saw Sunday on a weekly basis. But for some reason it seems that the individual talent is sometimes dulled/lessened when brought together as a unit. Don't think it's personalities and likely not coaching. Maybe just a communication thing between the players before, during and after each play.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,881 Messages
    7,621 Likes Received
    That sounded pretty mean-spirited.
  9. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Watch the language, little boy!

(Sean William Scott voice)
  10. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Does this guy even watch the Cowboys when they play at home? Get hot? With FIVE games at home.? :laugh2:

God, I hope he is right.:D
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,885 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    playing at home is nice but what matters more is who you are playing.

dallas can make mistakes like they did last week and still win versus terrible teams. fortunately we get some terrible teams in cowboys stadium.
  12. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I don't think Garrett is at risk of losing his job. Maybe two years down the road but not this year or the next.
  13. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,937 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    Lack of travel is probably a bigger deal.
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    'Somebody forgot to tell' Clark Judge that there's only one team that the Cowboys need to worry about - the New York Giants.

They win the NFC East and not only do they make the playoffs, but they host a playoff game, regardless of their record.
  15. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    And as usual one or two spots away from getting the player we need the most :laugh2:
  16. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Dallas playing at home is less then positive. They play like crap there. I don't see any "terrible" teams coming into to Dallas.

I see 3 teams that could quite frankly beat Dallas. Nothing is a given. There isn't any advantage there. Nothing.

I would rather they had 1 home game left and 6 on the road.
  17. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,885 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    No offense but you are basically ignoring reality then.

This week the 2-7 Cleveland Browns come to town. They have arguably the worst offense in football. They are terrible.

That is followed by a 3-6 Redskins team who has officially waved the white flag. The coach admits they are playing for the future.

Then we get the sad-sack Eagles in here, who are also 3-6 and basically give up on the season now with a terrible OL and a rookie QB.

Dallas is 1-2 at home this year. Definitely not good. But they lost to the 6 win giants and 7 win Bears at home. Hardly horrible results or weak opposition.

Pitt and NO aren't terrible at all but are not playing anywhere near great football right now. Anyone preferring to play them in their home stadiums is delusional. Keeping the Saints out of the Dome and the Steelers away form the cold weather are both huge breaks for this team.