1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Apirl 1st Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Apr 1, 2010.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mike Iupati
    everybody thinks the Steelers will pick him at the 18 spot - well I think if they want a OG why not take Pouncey - a player that can play 2 positions, Kyle Wilson CB : The Steelers need to improve at CB - ISLB McClain if he falls - FS

49 ners 17 - Taylor Mays, SS Singtary loves him - Rolando McClain, ILB - C.J. Spiller - Trent Williams

an GB an Philly we can jump ahead of in need be with a trade to NE the need a TE bad and Odrick will be there at 27

I don't see either them reaching for a guy who is primarily a G esp at 17 an 18

1OG Mike Iupati Idaho - Height: 6-5. Weight: 325
    2 FS/CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana of Pennsylvania Height: 6-1. Weight: 207
    3 WR Andre Roberts, The Citadel Height: 5-11. Weight: 195
    4 NT Torrell Troup, Central Florida Height: 6-3. Weight: 314
    6 FB John Conner, Kentucky Height: 5-11. Weight: 241
    7 OT J'Marcus Webb, West Texas A&M Height: 6-7. Weight: 328
  2. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll take it.

AOA is going to be a beast at FS.
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,843 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I thought the joke would be taking Jared Odrick
  4. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I like it but you forgot about the Bengals need a guard also. Also, I don't think that Troup will be there in the 4th when we pick. I hope he is but I just see other teams ahead of us picking him.
  5. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this is a terrible mock for April fools.
  6. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received

I like him at FS too, but I don't think he'll be there if we stand pat in the second. He's probably one of the fastest risers in the draft and I think someone will grab him at the top of the second.

I think, at this point, we'd have a better shot at Burnett or Allen.
  7. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received

No way man. He'll be there in the 2nd. D2 players rarely go that high. In the 3rd he probably won't be there, but in the 2nd he should.
  8. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,996 Messages
    2,391 Likes Received
    The more I see of Andre Roberts from The Citadel, the more I like him. He's fast.
  9. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    sure do like those small school prospects huh
  10. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes this year - but you gotta admit they are players at thier schools -

all looked good in the senior bowl or east west game

Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
    While Mike Iupati was solid in run-blocking, he was completely abused in pass protection by Geno Atkins. Iupati was beaten numerous times, was called for holding once, and should have been whistled for holding two other times. Let's not get carried away and call Iupati the best offensive lineman in the 2010 NFL Draft, like Mike Mayock did before the Senior Bowl. Iupati is a tremendous run-blocking guard who is raw in pass protection.

exactly why he will fall to us

Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel
    WOW. I hadn't seen any of Roberts all year, but he destroyed Mobile. He showed crisp route running and solid athleticism, and he rarely dropped passes. The jump in competition didn't faze him and his stock is soaring. I think he is a likely third-round pick now. He doesn't have a high upside, but Roberts might be a solid No. 2 receiver in the league

East-West Shrine Game

Troup made just one tackle in the game but his disruptive play helped hold the West to just 79 yards rushing and 251 yards of total offense in the game.

Troup showed that he is a very physical and strong guy on the inside,” said East head coach and Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel afterwards. “He can push the pocket. He’s a good kid. He tries hard and does what you tell him to do. As a coach, that’s exactly what you’re looking for.”

On what he learned this week:
    “I learned that you have to be accountable. You have to be a certain place and, if you’re not, they’re going to move on without you. Practice was more high tempo than in college. Everybody wants to win at their spot. Nobody wants to lose their job. Everybody was giving 100-percent out there all the time.”
  11. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i admit it they all look like they should be in D1(or better D1) i just would be leery of taking that many small school guys cause alot of the time they are just head and shoulders above the talent around them but end up being very average or overwhelmed by the talent at the NFL level.

just for example it is obvious AOA has good instincts and ball skills but alot of what he did once he got the ball in his hands looks to be a product of being bigger and stronger than everyone around him so i question if he would have that kind of success in the NFL as a return man or big runs after the interception and also(if used as a CB) if he would be as successful pressing at the line?

lets be clear though i want AOA but i do have my concerns
  12. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    See if your singing the same tune 5 years from now. Much like the guy you remind me of, Nors, I'm sure you will be hard to find when it's time for the truth.

But hey, they cant all be Donovan Warren now can they?
  13. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who did Nors not like?

I always hear about this mythical being.
  14. MarionBarberThe4th

11,843 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    You cant burn me w/ one I already gave you. Its the 8 mile theory.

Look back at my past mock drafts, they suck. I had Brian Cushing in one, that was probably the best I did. And he would be out of position here anyway so....

Heres another freebie, you can have it. I was 16 or 17 but wow

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=547463&postcount=12

Still doesnt make Jared Odrick much better than Stephen Bowen.
  15. MarionBarberThe4th

11,843 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Oh my.....

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159933&highlight=mock

and...

While were here this dude gets a high five

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174264&highlight=mock