1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Archer: Cowboys' Ward breaks bone in his foot

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by LaTunaNostra, Jun 24, 2004.

1. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys' Ward breaks bone in his foot
    New receiver may not be ready for start of training camp

09:22 PM CDT on Thursday, June 24, 2004

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

With five weeks remaining before the Cowboys' training camp begins in Oxnard, Calif., the availability of recently signed wide receiver Dedric Ward is in doubt.

Ward will have a screw inserted into his right foot today to stabilize the fifth metatarsal bone he broke Tuesday during workouts at the team's Valley Ranch facility. Ward is estimated to be out four to six weeks, and players are scheduled to report to training camp July 30.

"Of course it's disappointing," Ward said. "You never want to start out getting injured, but I'm going to be aggressive with it and be back by the start of training camp. I'm going to do everything to get myself ready."

Ward was signed June 11 to a one-year contract worth $660,000 after a heated exchange between Antonio Bryant and coach Bill Parcells. Because he signed after the Cowboys' final minicamp and on-field activity days, Ward was working on his conditioning.

He had a similar surgery in 2001 on his left foot when he was with Miami, causing him to miss five preseason games and the season opener. Ward played with Baltimore and New England last year, catching seven passes for 106 yards for the Patriots.

The Cowboys were looking at Ward as an insurance policy and potential return man because they have little experience behind Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn and Bryant, who remains with the team but has not worked out at the facility since the outburst. In his career, Ward has 166 catches for 2,302 yards and 12 touchdowns.

E-mail tarcher@dallasnews.com

DUH?????????
  2. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,558 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Another giant step for our Brown Sugar and another kick to the head for all of the hating lurkers, I love it. :)
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Mr. Archer is only about 4 hours behind Mr. Chad Peters who contacted BrownSugar for some details then chased down the story.
  4. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well Ad, I for one don't bat an eyelash at anything Brown Sugar says. It's clear enough she hangs with the players.

Ward. He always talked a good game with the Jets.

"Of course it's disappointing," Ward said. "You never want to start out getting injured, but I'm going to be aggressive with it and be back by the start of training camp. I'm going to do everything to get myself ready."

You never want to "start out getting injured?"

Cripe, you CAME IN injured.

I hope AB is getting a good laugh out of this..whatever it is.. rush to scare him, attempt to let him know he's not expendable. Probably partying in Miami as we speak, laffing his arse off at his latest "competiton".
  5. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is "Deep Throat" stuff. "FootGate" - broken by future Pulitzer winner, via mysterious female source.

Rest of press now hot on trail of details, but too late.

They've been "scooped". :eek:
  6. BrownSugar

BrownSugar One Classy Lady

793 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dang, who pissed in your cornflakes tonight?
  7. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,558 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    She has been on a roll, don't stop her now. GO LATUNA ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY...
  8. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tuna did, with that Iron Curtain press gag. And five more weeks of it.

But you and Dale are doing a pretty good job of infiltration, and throwing a wrench into the Machine.

Instead of Deep Throat let's go with Erin Brockovitch :p
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,355 Messages
    3,644 Likes Received
    I am begiinning to think our WR position is jinxed.