1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Archer: Day 2 Cowboys rookie camp notes

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 11, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    May 11
    5:09
    PM CT

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Saturday was the final day of the Cowboys’ rookie mini-camp that was open to the media, so we have a handful of observations from the two sessions:

** The Cowboys believe S J.J. Wilcox will be a quick learner after playing the position for one season. He showed he was a quick learner Saturday. He was late to react to a crossing route to WR Antoine Hicks but later in team drills he was able to quickly read a seam route to TE Paul Freedman for the first pick of camp. He had a chance at another interception thwarted by LB Brandon Magee on a throw to TE Taylor Cook.

** Hicks was added to the roster on Friday night and made a good first impression in his tryout. He caught three passes in one on one drills, including a diving grab across the middle. The Cowboys might want to take an extra look at him.

** TE B.J. Stewart had a rough afternoon practice and at one point was pulled from the field after lining up incorrectly. At that point Jason Garrett yelled, “Give me anybody but 48,” referencing Stewart’s uniform number.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4708620/day-2-cowboys-rookie-camp-notes
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks, WG. All information is welcome.

:)
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    Thanks WG, good to hear Wilcox is making plays already even if it's just mini camp.
  4. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,115 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Love hearing about Garrett being tough on these guys...he wears a totally different face in the games, seems like.
  5. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Yelling at undrafted guys means something? Yawn. Actually makes me lose respect for him, the little that I had.
  6. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Wow.. just wow.. I guess some people just hate to hate.
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,950 Messages
    1,094 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: Ok.
  8. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

945 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    So...I guess you hated "asthma field."

Garrett can't win with some people either way...
  9. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Jimmy yelled at everyone, nice try. I went to the giants game last year. As bad as the offense was Garrett didn't say a word to anyone walking off the field after a failed possession/turnover. But he's tough with these nobodies. Is he scared of a Gruden/Keyshawn altercation?????
  10. snapper

snapper Active Member

259 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Actually, no. Jimmy treated everyone different and he made it a point to stress that often.
  11. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I didn't say he didn't treat everyone different. I said he yelled at everyone. Go watch an Americas game and listen to Ken Norton speak.
  12. sbuscha

sbuscha king****

1,160 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I remember the day when posts and input were actually intelligent. He is a coach and is coaching....wow!
  13. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I heard JJ say that very thing.
  14. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Coach dez and ogletree when they run the wrong routes. You homers are hilarious. Keep insulting me.
  15. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,594 Messages
    2,474 Likes Received
    What here is an insult? I don't know if you are trying to do so but you are doing a tried and true trolling technique. Bash a polarizing figure on something innocuous and then play the martyr in the subsequent discussion.

No one has insulted you. They pointed out how Jimmy Johnson coached. He made a habit of preying on the weak. Someone pointing out how you are wrong is not an insult.
  16. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,175 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    Don't drink the kool-aide. It's best just to ignore it.
  17. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,193 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received

Hey!!!
  18. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,193 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received

Actually, Jimmy picked on the UDFA punter precisely because he was a nobody and he could make a point with him. He said so himself.

Sounds not too dissimilar from what Garrett was doing here.