1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Archer: Insiders not high on Cowboys' work so far

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Alexander, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,775 Messages
    2,493 Likes Received
    I don't care about their grade. Just saying the way to get a good grade is to spend a lot. Everyone oohs and goshes until the games get played.
    manster4ever likes this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,901 Likes Received
    Too bad the old smiley of the dog peeing on the ESPN logo is not around anymore. I am sure it would have been used a dozen times in this thread.
    MarionBarberThe4th likes this.
  3. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Why, do writeups like Dez rules deserve credit?
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,910 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    THIS
  5. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,648 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    Fantasy Football changed that (players over team) but agree that TO was one of the pioneers to this transformation within sports media coverage. (Deion/Namath) Love Madden to death, but he didn't help with continued fawning over a specific player ;) regardless of what was going on in the game. In an ironic way, he glamorized/commercialized OL play in the media sense via our 90's Dallas Oline and Larry Allen later on in his career.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  6. egn22

egn22 Active Member

841 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    ESPN Dallas deserves an F for continuing to employ Calvin Watkins. he is HORRIBLE.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,764 Messages
    1,964 Likes Received
    I like the moves we have made but lets be honest... Those moves made our team worse short term.

Last year was our chance to do something. This next season is pretty much a waste and about the only good that can come out of it is if we develop some young talent and get rid of Garrett.
    MarionBarberThe4th and dreghorn2 like this.
  8. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Bingo.

If it's so incomprehensible that the media would try to give offseason grades before the offseason is over, think of it as any class you take in school. In most classes, you get grades as you progress. The teacher is usually going to give you tests, on which you get graded, which give you an idea of how you're progressing to your final grade. If you fail a test, you better step it up or you're in jeopardy of failing. Does it necessarily mean you will fail? No, it just means you have work to do.

There are two primary ways a team augments its personnel in the offseason -- free agency and draft. Free agency is not over, but it's close. It's not unreasonable to grade a team's free agency success at this point. And of course, a good grade now doesn't mean you will be successful, as the season is it's own set of grades.

It's not about just spend more, you get a good grade. The Buccaneers got an A in that article, and I wouldn't say they "spent a lot." They've made some pretty shrewd moves without spending tons of money and cut one of their best defenders in Revis.
    visionary and stasheroo like this.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,676 Messages
    1,617 Likes Received
    some messengers need killing
    Mansta54 likes this.
  10. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,446 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    I'm not sure if you heard but Mincey isn't projected to be the starter. Just throwing it out there, since you mentioned this a redundant 200x in the last two weeks.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,480 Likes Received
    Definitely worse short term. Whether this is the start to more fiscal sanity down the road remains to be seen. To me, this is just cap hell. Even if Jerry and his chubby son don't want to admit it.
    dwight and Hoofbite like this.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Jerry and company are choosing to be less talented.

They can do whatever they want, they're just choosing not to.
  13. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    The moves are proof of what you say is unseen......what are you talking about?

Or are you just trying to get likes from a certain type of crowd?
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,480 Likes Received
    I'll take a like from anyone.
  15. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,879 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Try telling people 16 months go Ware wouldn't be with them team today. They'd be singing a different tune about his worth
    Risen Star likes this.
  16. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,394 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    Too early to grade anything. Wait until the draft passes and the second wave of FA's become available to pass a grade.
  17. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,240 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    ESPN is all you need to know.
    Mansta54 likes this.
  18. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,068 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    And the relav
    And the relavence of this is what?
  19. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

3,488 Messages
    1,140 Likes Received
    A+ offseason grade. 1st in:D
  20. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

3,910 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I haven't been more excited for the future of this team in a while. I actually feel good about Red and Jerry. Hard decisions were made for the better. Let's get young on D and get hungry and tough. Ware was declining due to injuries. Hatcher is to old to pay big money. Draft well this year and have cap room and draft next year. We will be ready.

A+ grade
    Airbag and Mansta54 like this.