1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Archer: Insiders not high on Cowboys' work so far

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Alexander, Mar 27, 2014.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,155 Messages
    4,341 Likes Received
    Don't get me wrong - I hope they do too.
  2. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,108 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Worst era? You have not bee a Cowboy fan for very long.
    Mansta54 likes this.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Yes, by far. We've never gone so long being so bad to mediocre.
  4. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,064 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    It's not even a question! This team has been average at best, with one playoff win since 1996. The team has never been that bad/average this long.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,201 Likes Received
    What is worse than the misery of losing three straight "win or go home" games to your three division rivals? What is worse than a 6-10 season where half the team quit. What is worse than 44-6 and 34-3?
    SWG9 and daveferr33 like this.
  6. Tawney88

1,064 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    44-3 loss to the 85 Bears on my Birthday kinda stunk. :)
  7. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,600 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    We could have signed whoever we wanted. And there are many teams right up against he cap every year. And teams with tons of cap space didn't do anything special. And have you looked at the books? They are pretty dang clean next year.

If I didn't know any better i'd swear you just wanted to complain.
    casmith07 likes this.
  8. Tawney88

1,064 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    ???

I disagree.
  9. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,293 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Agreed. I have loved this offseason for the simple fact we have gotten rid of older players like Ware, Hatcher, Austin. Did not break the bank for Peppers or Allen. Got Melton in here for a very team friendly contract. Still work to be done but I like the direction. Now time will tell if we are really moving in the right direction or this is all just because we are strapped for cash. Hopefully the former.

I bet if we signed Allen and then signed Desean Jackson we would have an A.

And yes, I remember that summer 3 years ago when the Eagles were pretty much penciled in to the Super Bowl because they signed some overrated, expensive FA's.
  10. Toruk_Makto

2,600 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    What do you disagree with? We could have easily freed up money by restructuring Ware and and Carr.

Pats are praised in letting guys go a year early rather than a year late. Why? Usually because of cap space and cost.

Somehow I don't think Risen would call that practice "cap hell."

49ers have lost productive players the last two years. Cap hell?

I swear it's like some people refuse to be happy. Those same people generally lack any sense of perspective and knowledge of the game.

But to each their own!
    casmith07 and Maxmadden like this.
  11. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Can't count on Rookies or Free Agent Vets because of the professional football ineptitude that has taken up camp and settled in deep within this organization.

That can't be fixed through the 2014 Draft......however with the right choices on Defense maybe there is some variable rays of hope for the weary after all.

Dallas could be 5 picks on Defense away from being a contender.....likely no, but certainly possible, bet anyone could make a list of 11 picks that would fix.
  12. Tawney88

1,064 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    I disagree that we could have signed anyone we wanted. Our cap situation is terrible we are Continually restructuring contracts backloading deals just to get under the cap. That hurts this team in the long run in securing quality depth and it has for years.

Maybe Jerry has a new approach we'll see how long it lasts.
    Risen Star likes this.
  13. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Do not talk down to people who do not agree with you.

You look like a total n00b comparing this offseason to other organizations that have actually done things recently. Awwww that feels better.
    Risen Star likes this.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Not to make that any worse, but 44-0. That was our second ever shutout. The first time we got shut out was 1970 against the Cardinals on MNF, 0-38. We didn't add a 3rd shut out until 1989 in the opener against the Saints where we lost 0-28. Sadly we added our 4th (Eagles, 0-27) and 5th Giants, 0-15) that same season. Our 6th was 1991 (Eagles, 0-24). So, as good as Jimmy was, he still got shut out twice as many times as Landry did in 1/6th as many seasons. That is how good Tom Landry really was. We didn't get shut out again until Campo's first year in 2000, with a 0-27 loss to the Ravens. Then he added another to end that season, 0-31 to the Titans. Parcells got shut out twice his first year here. 0-16 to the Buccaneers, and then 0-12 to the Patriots. We have gone 166 games without being shut out since 2003. We've been shut out 10 times in our 54 year History.

Landry pitched 9 shutouts himself. Jimmy added 1 and Barry 2. Chan added 2, but Campo couldn't add any. Parcells added 1, Wade added 2 to close out the 2009 season. That's 17 we've thrown.
    cml750 and RonSpringsdaman20 like this.
  15. Tawney88

1,064 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    You're right it was a shutout.
  16. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Stephen?? Is that you??
    Risen Star likes this.
  17. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    New England lets players walk in free agency and usually has a viable replacement already on roster.

The Cowboys cut players they chose to resign, eat the dead money from the bad contract, and generally trot out borderline Nflers as replacements.

Not exactly the same thing.
    Risen Star and Tawney88 like this.
  18. Toruk_Makto

2,600 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    Is this why New England hasn't fielded a defense that even sniffed the top 10 in 4 years?

Is this why they had to let Welker go? Why they were strong armed by Wilfork? Is this why Brady's wife is tweeting about his lack of weapons?

Because they always have viable replacements?

I love how people just create their own narrative to fit whatever fairy tale they want.
  19. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

991 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    He didn't talk down to anybody. He did mention unhappy people and those that lack the sense of perspective and knowledge of the game, but you seem to be the only one offended at this time.
  20. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Well we know you don't, so don't worry about it. :)