1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Archer: Sean Lee poised to join elite class

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 5, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,076 Messages
    4,007 Likes Received
    Cowboys linebacker has talent to rank among position's best, if he can stay healthy

Updated: June 4, 2013, 2:15 PM ET
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

RVING, Texas -- It seemed like Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher played forever.

Sean Lee watched both, stealing little pieces of their games when he played in high school, at Penn State and for the past three seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.

"They're Hall of Fame players," Lee said. "They really set the standard for how to play linebacker the last 15 or so years, which is pretty incredible. Brian Urlacher and Ray Lewis were guys when you talk about linebackers that played it the right way."

Without Lewis and Urlacher, the NFL does not lack for suitable replacements at an iconic position. Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman play it together in San Francisco as well as any duo. New England has Jerod Mayo. Carolina's Luke Kuechly was named the NFL's defensive rookie of the year last season.

And then there is Lee.

"I'm not worried about that kind of stuff," Lee said. "I'm worried about just doing my job to the max every game and winning football games and winning a Super Bowl. When you get caught up too much into that, you get away from what your focus is. Of course the comparisons happen, but that's not my focus at all."

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...s-sean-lee-poised-join-elite-ranks-linebacker
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,012 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    I actually like Carter's potential as well...
  3. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,401 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Thank Wade Phillips for drafting Sean Lee...
  4. SSWilliams31

SSWilliams31 Member

49 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    So when it's good players we thank the coach but bad players we thank Mr. Jones
  5. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,401 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    No, we blame Jason Garrett... 2009 draft class, one of the worst in recent history, Jerry gave up 3 picks for Roy Williams to help Jason Garrett's ineptness. Yet, Wade gets blamed for it.
  6. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,397 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    If Lee was 10% bigger and 50% more resistant to injury...hell, I'd stamp the guy's ticket to the Hall of Fame right here, right now.

As it stands...we'll see.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,969 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Sad, is it not?
  8. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,346 Messages
    3,230 Likes Received
    I'm anxious to see what he can do with 16 games. He and Carter. If we can get excellent production from the Sam then we may have one heck of a LBing corps.

BTW, the guy is 6-2 245 which seems big enough for me. Not too many Kirklands around.
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    unfortunately many don't really understand the draft process . . . .
  10. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,702 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Kinda tired of hearing about Sean Lee. He's a great player and has potential to be elite. He also has proven thus far to be unreliable because of health issues. If he misses more than a quarter of this upcoming season, I saw don't retain his services. It's a business.