1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are Carter, Lee, and Murray busts?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I get the point of the thread - the title is provocative, but the underlying point is a fair one: how much time can a player miss with injury before we consider them an unproductive use of resources and roster spots? Put into context, NaVorro Bowman and Daryl Washington both played nearly as much this season alone as Sean Lee has in his career. Arian Foster played about as many snaps this season as Demarco has over his career.

Totally different from picking bad players, so I get why people are rolling their eyes at the "bust" notion, but stop pretending like you didn't get what the OP was saying.
  2. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    A serious question......do you know what bust means?
  3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    There is a reason a lot of these guys slipped by a lot of teams.

You can't help the team if you aren't on the field.

But like many have said, when healthy - they all have pro bowl potential.
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,462 Messages
    395 Likes Received

:stupid:
  5. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

235 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Improve the Big boys up front (ecsp. the NT) and you'll see less injuries to our inside LBers.
  6. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    I have a feeling I have a lot more people on my side almost a year later.
  7. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,864 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Carter's the player who's stock has clearly slid. I don't know whether he just played beyond his ability for half a season last year, or if the switch in scheme screwed with his development, but he seemed like a half-interested, half-able player this season.

I'd argue Murray's stock is about as high as it's ever been right now (still wouldn't resign him, or almost any running back in today's league). He's injury prone, but he's good when he's out there.

I thought the money Lee got this summer was fair, but was stunned we signed him before seeing him play a full season. He's our best defensive player but is Mr. Glass. I don't equate an injury-prone, but All-Pro level player with "bust," unless the guy just flat out never sees the field/court like a Greg Oden. Lee at least plays enough to be recognized as one of the best middle linebackers in the game.

The problem is, on this 7-7 team who really is indispensable? Is Romo living up to his contract after today's game? Ware? Austin? Ratliff (hehe)? Spencer? Claiborne? Carr? The list goes on.

Doug Free might be our best bang for the buck at this rate, amazingly.
  8. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

871 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    Get some proper coaching in here and we'll see what these guys are capable of. Lee is great, but injured. Murray averaged 7 ypc this game. Not his fault they aren't giving him the ball. Carter, I don't know what's up with him, but he showed a lot of potential under Ryan.
  9. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, but Claiborne is.
  10. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,418 Messages
    1,149 Likes Received
    Hard to say Murray is a bust. Even with his injuries, his overall production has been decent for a 3rd round pick.