1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are Cowboys Fans prepared to pay the price of a new QB?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by intelmax, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    being 8-8 and just missing playoff each year is far worst than being 4-12 and having opportunity of getting dynamic QB in any draft. I really think Kyle Orton could get Dallas in the 6-10 to 8-8 range and miss playoffs each year. Maybe your too young to remember when Dallas was winning Super Bowls but what your seeing is not working.
  2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    People are scared of change
  3. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,982 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    Putting Kaepernick into this argument is an absolute joke. As if he has anything to do with the Niners success. Not worth addressing.

Dalton is a good young QB and im not saying he wont be better, but until he wins something in the playoffs I don't think you can say he's better than Romo. Right now he's doing exactly what Romo did as a young QB.
  4. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,605 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Word.
  5. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,980 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Yeah because if we draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round they are guaranteed to be as good as those guys.... :rolleyes:

Keep Romo until a better option presents itself. Despite what people think Romo gives us a chance. Why take a risk on young QB just because and set the franchise back another 3-5 years? Plus waste more careers of young talented players that we have.

Romo>Orton or any other QB that would be available next year
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,520 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Not next season. This is going to be a CRAP QB draft.
  7. DOUBLE WING

2,982 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    We could also just keep Romo while still drafting a young guy to groom. The Romo haters seem to be ignoring that possibility.
  8. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yea your right, sadly i was born in 94 and missed out on the Superbowl run so the best years ive seen have been with Romo at the helm.. which is not saying much. And as far as i am concerned those old cowboys teams are ALOT more talented than these ones, i just feel that we still need one or two more years before we blow it up.
  9. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Doesnt matter if we are or not, we will need to rebuild very soon. We have some good young pieces but we are not even half way done.
  10. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,293 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Pair Kirk Cousins with the young talent on this team, we may suffer growing pains but we'd be growing in the right direction.
  11. DOUBLE WING

2,982 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    Kirk Cousins?

Oh god, some of you people kill me.
  12. Hook'em#11

2,605 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    They were built off of draft picks and some great coaching.

No doubt. Can't compare the two era's. Completely different. You missed out on some good and still a lot of heartbreak back in the 80's and 90's..

Dallas will never have teams like the 90's Super Bowl winning teams..

But, in all of that..

It still started with a QB. That was the first piece and he got smashed his first few seasons.
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,657 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    We've got a proven top QB. We've got a very unproven, mediocre-at-best HC.

It isn't that complicated which one needs to be replaced.
  14. birdwells1

3,293 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Thank you.
  15. Hook'em#11

2,605 Messages
    180 Likes Received

Yeah,, much better to stay with more of the same than to take a chance..

Enjoy 8-8 mid par seasons and clawing for a wildcard spot..With the same QB that has had to time to prove and show what he is..

Yeah, good lord. Why try something new. Not saying that Cousin's would be it.

Dallas would never know, because, according to some fans. QB isn't an issue on the Cowboys.:laugh2:
  16. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,825 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Good rookie QB's within the last few years....

Andrew Luck- Playoffs with a horrible team.
    RG3 - Playoffs with a horrible team
    Wilson- Playoffs and a big reason his team is successful.
    Dalton- Playoffs 2nd year in a row.
    kaepernick- Won starting job over vet and headed to the playoffs.

Yeah, it's impossible for us to find a good rookie QB. I hate to tell some of you this but there is life after oh no Romo.
  17. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Member

214 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I'm just sick of the fact of watching other teams pick up these QBs and have immediate success. Whether it's Luck, RG3, Wilson, Dalton, Alex Smith (last year), Kaepernick. Heck, throw in the Texans QB last year T.J. Yates. And yes I know some of those picks were high caliber picks.

Whether it's the QB or the coach, I don't know. I just know it's not working. The cowboys talked about "the process" and getting better but going 8-8 after supposedly getting better is a bitter pill to swallow.

I've told myself that I will not spend one penny more on Dallas merchandise, tickets or super nachos until they prove to me that they care more than I do.
  18. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fair enought but will you agree with me that there's no QB worth taking in this draft? Because lets be honest here tyler bray is not Troy Aikman.
  19. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,232 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received
    Who knows. Was Russell Wilson highly touted? Was Kaepernick highly touted last year?

Just because there are no Andrew Lucks in the draft doesn't mean there isn't good QBs to be had.
  20. birdwells1

3,293 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    You find something wrong with that? He's a young qb that has looked goodin his limited action. Instead of just throwing out insults would you discuss what wrong with that idea?