1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are the Cowboys a bully team?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by birdwells1, Oct 31, 2013.

1. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Cecil Lammey ‏@cecillammey 2m

beating up cupcakes! #Cowboys 16-1 vs teams to finish below .500 - 4-19 vs teams to finish the yr at .500 or better since Garrett full time

If the 'boys make the playoffs there wont be any sub .500 teams to pick on.
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,980 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    That's the issue isn't it? I'm 100% positive the Cowboys make the playoffs -- even if it is at 7-9 like the Seahawks 3 years ago.
  3. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,130 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    I'm not. This team should have a four game lead on everyone in the division right now, there is no other way to put it. But just like seeing this team with a six-point lead and only having to run out a minute or so of clock time, you just brace for the disastrous inevitability. You realize that our current 2 game lead means virtually nothing, it is a cruel illusion.
    Wheeltax and dupree89 like this.
  4. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,199 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Enjoy it while you can. Cowboys won't be led by Romo and Jerra forever.
    When this defense is fixed and Callahan gets his walking papers you'll be eating crow, feathers and all. COUNT ON IT.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  5. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,424 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    No. They are the kids who are allowed to sit with the popular kids at lunch because they sell weed and are good for a cheap laugh or two.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,193 Messages
    6,992 Likes Received
    This is exactly the issue, and has been for some time. When we can make it tough for good teams to throw against us, we'll beat the good teams. We haven't done that the last three seasons very well.
  8. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,689 Messages
    4,962 Likes Received
    It would be nice if we always bullied the NFL's weaklings, but those are few and far between. Too bad we cannot play the Rams sixteen times a year.
  9. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,177 Messages
    5,655 Likes Received
    why so positive? have you seen the redskins cupcake schedule down the stretch? plus giants are 3 straight home wins from taking over 1st.
  10. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    The proof is right there. Not really debatable. For those who think the division race is over, let me bring you to cowboys fan reality. we sit at 4-4, we most likely will split the next 2 and be 5-5 heading into the Giants rematch. They are 2-6 and about to play Oakland and Green bay after their bye this week. If they can win both which is not crazy since the GB game is in NY, and head into the rematch at 4-6 and could tie up the division with a home win over us, I am not betting Garrett over caughlin, that is for sure.
  11. Denim Chicken

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    I would say they have about as much chance at beating GB as we do against NO.
    Smith22 likes this.
  12. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,255 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Cowboys are the ones that get bullied!
    50cent and Lonestar94 like this.
  13. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Really? We haven't beaten a good team in 2 years, and they have 2 Lombardi trophies in the last 6. I think I'd give them a slight advantage in a big game. Plus they are home and we are away.
    dupree89 likes this.
  14. Denim Chicken

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Um, have you watched them this year? Did you see the Denver game? This is not last year, or the year before.
    Smith22 likes this.
  15. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,130 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    Yes, the Giants beating Green Bay would be crazy. That's not happening. But your scenario has the Giants catching us by week 12. No, I'm fairly certain we will have the opportunity to get into the playoffs with a week 17 win and will find a way to lose pretty convincingly.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,199 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    I was a popular kid. Until one day when NO ONE came to my birthday party. Man, was I sad.
  17. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

699 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    I read this thread title and damn near spit-choked water out of my nose. That is laughable. Early '90's Cowboys yes. The last 17 year's versions of the Cowboys, not a chance in hell you could argue they are bullies.
  18. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,367 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    So, freakin tired of hearing that. We eek out losses. How lame is that? That, to me, is what's so disapointing about Dallas.
  19. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    The 90s team beat everyone the good and the bad, these Cowboys success has come against weak opponents thus the bully label.
  20. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

699 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    In my mind, a bully beats the snot out of everyone, no questions asked. Maybe I just look at it differently, or perhaps I'm so disgusted with the last 17 versions of the Cowboys (one could argue the same version) I wouldn't "credit" them for even qualifying for your definition.
    birdwells1 likes this.