1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are The Eagles Done?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They're now 1-4 and their toughest games have yet to come, is the "Dream Team" finished?

Eagles remaining schedule:

@ Redskins

Vs Cowboys

Vs Bears

Vs Cardinals

@ Giants

Vs Patriots

@ Seahawks

@ Dolphins

Vs Jets

@ Cowboys

Vs Redskins
  2. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,107 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    If not, they will be after next weekend :D...
  3. hsfolk

hsfolk Member

359 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    pretty sure they are done and probably Andy Reid too
  4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,820 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    The odds of making the playoffs after starting 1-4 are VERY heavily stacked against you. Realistically speaking, you need at least 10 wins to make the playoffs. Sometimes you get in with 9, but not very often. Sometimes 10 doesn't get you in (see Tampa Bay and the Giants last year). I just don't see the Eagles only losing 2 or fewer games the rest of the way this year. I guess they could catch fire, but they seem like a beaten team right now and we all know how this stuff can snowball out of control. They are talented, but so were we last year. We know how that ended up for us. Hopefully the same happens to the Eagles. The Giants have an absolutely brutal scheduled in the last half of the season. I think they're probably done as well. Who would have thought a very average Foreskin team would provide our biggest challenge to the NFC East title. As bad as the breaks have been for us so far this year, I now think we win the East. Washington just isn't very good offensively and we're finally getting healthy. A win next week against New England on the road would wash the bad taste out of everybody's mouth regarding the Jets and Lions debacles.
  5. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    odds are obviously stacked against them. they can't afford to lose any more than two games...and with that porous O-line and terrible run defense, I doubt it.

What a great week for football! Both the Giants and Eagles go down. I'm loving it!
  6. Star4Ever

5,820 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Not to mention the Bucs are going down hard, and either the Falcons or Packers have to lose tonight, and the Lions or Bears tomorrow night. It's never too early to have all NFC playoff contenders to lose games.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    The Eagles will have 7 losses before Thanksgiving or the Sunday after Thanksgiving
  8. Star4Ever

5,820 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Hopefully before then. They're only three away from it now. The good news is the Eagles and Foreskins play next week. It's a win-win situation. Would you rather just go ahead and have the Eagles buried, or would you rather the Skins take a loss? That's like having to chose between two Playboy centerfolds. You simply can't lose either way.
  9. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I want a redskins win, i want the eagles to be DONE by November.
  10. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,578 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    That is easy. I'd rather the Eagles lose. The Skins are pretenders and will lose enough on their own. I do not want the Eagles getting any hope this season. I want them to suffer as much as possible.
  11. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,578 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    They are 1-7 their last 8 games and things started going south for them last year. Some of their bone head decisions are front and center this year thanks to all the hype they put on themselves :D
  12. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Thank you, only a fool would root for the Eagles, a team who was labeled the dream team and expected to go to SB
  13. Star4Ever

5,820 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I also think the Skins are a very average team. But, my hate for them knows no bounds. I love for them to lose just so I can laugh at their fans that think they're Super Bowl bound after four games. I guess a 3-1 start is something grand for them considering their past 15 years. I think the Eagles are already done for the most part. Four losses in the first five games does not a playoff season make.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    so basically you want to see the eagles win? Off to the toilet I go
  15. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,578 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Last thing we want is the Eagles getting a boost in confidence and start playing as expected. Reid's teams have proven they can make a run and get in the playoffs. Or play spoiler. Let that rotten franchise suffer.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,911 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    I want the Birds to win to put the skins down and give them just enough hope to see it all fall to pieces the next week when we kick them in the nuts.
  17. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,578 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Eagles have a bye before they play the Cowboys. Let them pout!
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    And then they beat us to go to 3-4 and the Cowboys are 2-3.
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I want them at 1-5 at the bye.
  20. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,385 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    unless they lose 8 games, I say no. They are unfeated after bye in Reid era. Maybe this is year it changes.