1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are we now the fourth best organization in the division?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Numbers921, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe we're far enough away from that debacle Thursday to look at this in a non reactionary way. Are we now the fourth best organization in the NFC East?

While the Giants running circles around the Cowboys goes without saying, another thing that many of us may have feared looks to be coming to fruition. The Redskins look like they're trending upwards. Danny Synder has done what Jerry can't. He's hired football people and gotten out of the way. The results are showing up on the field now. Even if it's only temporary and it just might not be, the Skins are building a team that could be wiping us out for a decade. RGIII is still young in the game and we can hope he's not what he appears to be. Hoping that RGIII isn't a franchise QB is probably like hoping Jason Garrett is going to be some franchise savior though.

Right now you could cite the Eagles as a disaster and say they're about on par with Dallas, but I can't even confidently get behind that. We've seen the Eagles build a team that dominated pretty recently. You can't say that about Dallas. Dallas needs to rebuild as much as the Eagles do. The Eagles will probably get started on restructuring their org this offseason. Meanwhile, the Cowboys will probably continue treading water with Jason Garrett and a bunch of proven losers cluttering the player roster. By the time the Cowboys come to their senses, the Eagles may be a couple of years into their rebuild and ready to kick our teeth in some more. Hell, they might still be able beat us as they're rebuilding.
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    If the Eagles can Reid they will bring in a proven HC to shake things up. We, on the other hand, can't be guaranteed of doing the same.
  3. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,541 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    No. I think we're worse than that. Even those 5 SB wins were a sham. There is nothing at all respectable about what this franchise is or ever was.
  4. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    On the bottom slowly sinking into the mud.
  5. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Maybe some here are, but obviuosly you're not.:rolleyes:

BTW Why only look at the division? You can excentuate the negativity if you look to all 31 other franchises.:cool:
  6. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    when we play the skins it usually ends up a one score difference, this time is no different, can we please just stop with all the hyperbole ....they didnt destroy us..and the win didnt raise them to a new standard, we lost by a TD missing roughly 10 starters.....they are 5-6 just like us and the ONLY reason anyone is even considering them better is the new QB...before they drafted him the Skin fans were acting the same way most here are....they wanted Shanny and his crew gone and they wanted to blow up the team....their D is very lacking, their WRs are very average...their RBs are nothing, they are a one man team right now ...one man teams dont win in this league...and who knows what RG3 is gonna look like next season after all the teams get NFL tape on him and how well he and Shanny adjust

and Ill wait on the Eagles till i see their plan.....they are probably fixing to blow up that whole mess and will be interesting to see how they rebuild it ...
  7. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're saying this like the Skins aren't missing tons of players right now too. Injuries are never an excuse. I don't want to hear it unless you lose your QB and are trotting out Dan Orlovsky or something.

The Skins are also still building and have a rookie QB. It'd be shocking if a team that's in the process of rebuilding didn't have holes. Meanwhile, Dallas has many established players and a QB who's going on 33 years old. You can argue about the game being "close" until you're blue in the face, but the reality is they could've run the Cowboys off the field. When you're up by as much as they were, you take your foot off the gas. When they needed some more juice, they marched right back down the field on the Cowboys to seal the game.
  8. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm looking at the division because these are mainly the teams we'll consistently be competing with for playoff positioning. And no, I'm not being reactionary. The Cowboys got embarrassed at home by a rebuilding team. I'm seeing things in the way they should be.
  9. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you not wanting to hear it dont make it untrue.....now if you would like to compare the Redskins injured list to ours knock yourself out but please come back with your comparisons and explain to us how equal they are
  10. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    YES OP... Correct.

Get Lane Kiffin to Dallas to fix this problem.
  11. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    We are 5th worse in the division. I added back the Cardinals.
  12. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Anyone who would no do a wholesale forklift organization exchange with the Redskins is insane - they have installed some good talent at GM, HC, and OC, and have a solid young QB. We have installed a lunatic at GM, an unproven whelp at HC and "OC", and our QB is in his final years. They are so far ahead of us it's not funny.
  13. fifaguy

4,361 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    Seems like Danny learned his lesson after Spurrier/Zorn and stepped way back from the football field at DC. I envy that aspect of progress...
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,196 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    I think the 10 starters being out has some validity, especially when 4 of them are the middle of your defense (Rat, Church, Lee, Carter). But that doesn't change the fact that this team played, flat, uninspired, unfocused, and sloppy football for a half. Just because Shanny pulled back a little and the Cowboys made it close, doesn't mean this team didn't get beaten badly.
  15. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    i REALLY hope that was a joke. That guy is a cancer and can't even coach well in college. Also, he looks like Tosh.0's twin brother
  16. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Amazing the reactionary posts that occur after a loss. I didn't see this post a couple of weeks ago when we had just won 2 in a row and the redskins lost 3 in a row...

I FAIL to see how the Redskins and Eagles are ahead of the Cowboys, regardless of the results on Thanksgiving. What will you say when we beat the Skins in the rematch?

The Redskins did a good job picking out and going after their Franchise qb. That is the only major positive I see with their team. Shanny has been terrible since he's been there. I have not seen all these 'football' moves that some of you see with their gm. I'm not sold on Alfred Morris either. I believe their wacky offense and RG IIIs talent has made him better than what he is.

Other than that, where are all of these great moves?

And the Eagles? Wow, that is a dysfunctional team/organization right now.

The only one I'll give is the Giants.
  17. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Absolutely right. Mistakes are going to be made, it's not learning from them that creates long term problems.
  18. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Then the period belongs after 'fail'. This isn't about a particular win, it's about the organization in it's entirety. The Redskins look like they are a year away from winning this division. The Eagles are cratering but that's just the natural demise of a team that was destroying us for a decade. Even with a soon to depart Andy Reid, I trust the Eagles will get their act together long before we do.

And we all know the name of the problem.
  19. fifaguy

4,361 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    What will you say if the Cowboys continue the rest of the season playing the way that have for the past 10 games?
  20. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Fixed.