1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are you smarter than a football player?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ehcrossing, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Death Star

Death Star Member

336 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Well I don't have CTE so I've already got a leg up
  2. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

505 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    48/50, same as Ryan Fitzpatrick apparently.
  3. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,235 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    Took the short test and got a 44, one better than Eric Decker. Do I get a wife like his?????
    OhSnap likes this.
  4. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I've known people that couldn't read that were smart but I wouldn't expect them to learn a playbook.
  5. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,391 Messages
    1,379 Likes Received
    Took it without reading the questions and picking "c or b" every time and got a 9 :)
  6. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,892 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Got a 37 - same as Andrew Luck. I'll take it.
  7. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,892 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    In all honesty, how the hell does someone get a 4 on this test...
  8. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,391 Messages
    1,379 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,323 Messages
    2,880 Likes Received
    Morris Claiborne: I blew off Wonderlic

By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com
    Updated: April 27, 2012, 9:11 PM ET

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys first-round draft pick Morris Claiborne said he pretty much blew off the Wonderlic test at the NFL scouting combine, resulting in what has been reported as a single-digit score.

The former LSU defensive back, selected sixth overall Thursday night, told reporters that he didn't take the test seriously.

"I mean, I looked on the test and wasn't nothing on the test that came with football, so I pretty much blew the test off," Claiborne said.

Claiborne reportedly had a score of 4, the lowest reported score in a dozen years. The average score for NFL prospects is 21.

When asked Thursday if he regretted not taking the test more seriously, Claiborne said he did.

"If I knew there was going to be this much heat about it ... Yeah," Claiborne said.

READ MORE: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...borne-dallas-cowboys-blew-wonderlic-test-says
  10. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received

[IMG]
    JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  11. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,423 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    What a joke
  12. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

616 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Not trying to be cynical, but I doubt everyone in this thread has a genius level intellect...there have been two players in the history of the NFL who have even sniffed a perfect score and both were Harvard graduates.

Keep in mind, I don't believe that they get to use a calculator on the wonderlic; just a pencil and paper. I'm sure we're all smart people...but let's keep both our results and this test in perspective.
    Spectre likes this.
  13. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,470 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    I agree. Everybody on CowboysZone happened to score a plus-45. I started taking the test but stopped because my WiFi was slow and the time was winding down faster than my connection could handle. Anyway, I got about 15 questions in. It wasn't difficult but it wasn't as easy as people are making it sound. A lot of it required multiple-step calculations (in your head) and knowledge of definitions of obscure words. And you only have 14 seconds per question. I could probably get a perfect 50 with a calculator, dictionary and an extra 5 minutes.
    Spectre likes this.
  14. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Thats pretty tough to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes. I took it and got a 25, but only was able to answer 30 questions.
    Spectre likes this.
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,166 Messages
    1,106 Likes Received
    27 here -- which the site told me was the same as Joe Flacco.

I was unable to complete the test -- I found it more difficult than I imagined.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,393 Messages
    513 Likes Received

And let's make a rule: Any body here who posts lower than Vince Young needs to leaf the Forum forever.
    ehcrossing likes this.
  17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,215 Messages
    3,040 Likes Received
  18. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I too didn't finish. Got 38 question done. Scored a 30, same a Phillips Rivers.

Funny, I always thought Rivers was a dummy. :)
  19. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,393 Messages
    513 Likes Received

I would be the exception because . . . i half many things on my mind.
  20. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,235 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    Disclaimer: This is not a Wonderlic test and the scores derived from it may not accurately reflect the score you would attain on the Wonderlic test.

So this isn't even the Wonderlic Test. I tried it without pencil and paper and ran out of time after about 35-40 questions. I don't think it's the same as the Wonderlic and looks more like a regular IQ Test.
    Spectre likes this.