1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you smarter than a football player?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ehcrossing, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Death Star

Death Star Active Member

363 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Well I don't have CTE so I've already got a leg up

2. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

1,710 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    48/50, same as Ryan Fitzpatrick apparently.

3. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

12,798 Messages
    7,939 Likes Received
    Took the short test and got a 44, one better than Eric Decker. Do I get a wife like his?????

OhSnap likes this.
  4. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I've known people that couldn't read that were smart but I wouldn't expect them to learn a playbook.

5. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

10,703 Messages
    5,400 Likes Received
    Took it without reading the questions and picking "c or b" every time and got a 9 :)

6. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

6,645 Messages
    3,371 Likes Received
    Got a 37 - same as Andrew Luck. I'll take it.

7. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

6,645 Messages
    3,371 Likes Received
    In all honesty, how the hell does someone get a 4 on this test...

8. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

10,703 Messages
    5,400 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

63,522 Messages
    15,863 Likes Received
    Morris Claiborne: I blew off Wonderlic

By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com
    Updated: April 27, 2012, 9:11 PM ET

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys first-round draft pick Morris Claiborne said he pretty much blew off the Wonderlic test at the NFL scouting combine, resulting in what has been reported as a single-digit score.

The former LSU defensive back, selected sixth overall Thursday night, told reporters that he didn't take the test seriously.

"I mean, I looked on the test and wasn't nothing on the test that came with football, so I pretty much blew the test off," Claiborne said.

Claiborne reportedly had a score of 4, the lowest reported score in a dozen years. The average score for NFL prospects is 21.

When asked Thursday if he regretted not taking the test more seriously, Claiborne said he did.

"If I knew there was going to be this much heat about it ... Yeah," Claiborne said.

READ MORE: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...borne-dallas-cowboys-blew-wonderlic-test-says

10. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received

[​IMG]

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  11. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

4,260 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    What a joke

12. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

1,494 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Not trying to be cynical, but I doubt everyone in this thread has a genius level intellect...there have been two players in the history of the NFL who have even sniffed a perfect score and both were Harvard graduates.

Keep in mind, I don't believe that they get to use a calculator on the wonderlic; just a pencil and paper. I'm sure we're all smart people...but let's keep both our results and this test in perspective.

Spectre likes this.
  13. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

7,217 Messages
    4,364 Likes Received
    I agree. Everybody on CowboysZone happened to score a plus-45. I started taking the test but stopped because my WiFi was slow and the time was winding down faster than my connection could handle. Anyway, I got about 15 questions in. It wasn't difficult but it wasn't as easy as people are making it sound. A lot of it required multiple-step calculations (in your head) and knowledge of definitions of obscure words. And you only have 14 seconds per question. I could probably get a perfect 50 with a calculator, dictionary and an extra 5 minutes.

Spectre likes this.
  14. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,240 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Thats pretty tough to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes. I took it and got a 25, but only was able to answer 30 questions.

Spectre likes this.
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

9,087 Messages
    4,817 Likes Received
    27 here -- which the site told me was the same as Joe Flacco.

I was unable to complete the test -- I found it more difficult than I imagined.

16. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

16,684 Messages
    2,397 Likes Received

And let's make a rule: Any body here who posts lower than Vince Young needs to leaf the Forum forever.

ehcrossing likes this.
  17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

23,132 Messages
    12,907 Likes Received
  18. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

4,909 Messages
    3,063 Likes Received
    I too didn't finish. Got 38 question done. Scored a 30, same a Phillips Rivers.

Funny, I always thought Rivers was a dummy. :)

19. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

16,684 Messages
    2,397 Likes Received

I would be the exception because . . . i half many things on my mind.

20. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

12,798 Messages
    7,939 Likes Received
    Disclaimer: This is not a Wonderlic test and the scores derived from it may not accurately reflect the score you would attain on the Wonderlic test.

So this isn't even the Wonderlic Test. I tried it without pencil and paper and ran out of time after about 35-40 questions. I don't think it's the same as the Wonderlic and looks more like a regular IQ Test.

Spectre likes this.