1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ariel Castro found dead

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Supercowboy1986, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,046 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    They should still hang them in front of the county courthouse for everyone to see! Good entertainment.
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,081 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I am against capital punishment but if you are going to do it, then use the guillotine.

As for Castro, maybe he was overcome with guilt, maybe he just didn't want to sit in prison. Who knows. It is still a chicken way out. Same thing happened to a guy up here, he was accused of stabbing his wife to death (deaf mute son saw it happen). His trial was adjourned a couple of times but he always showed up for court, was out on bail etc. Trial finally comes and he didn't show up. He was found hanging from the ceiling.

My thought, damn you waited 5 years to get to trial, why not take a shot at being found not guilty?
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,946 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    I actually think prisons should show execution to inmates. I'm not really for public execution but I think inmates should see, to give them something to think about
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,366 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    For the most heinous crimes they should execute them with a wood chipper sending them through feet first and make inmates watch that.
    McLovin likes this.
  5. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

2,771 Messages
    526 Likes Received

No one can accuse you of being on the fence on this issue :)
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,081 Messages
    266 Likes Received

a tad barbaric, perhaps crucifying would be more appropriate
    Jammer likes this.
  7. Doomsday101

74,946 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    not sure I would go as far as a wood chipper but I do think inmate viewing of execution could help work as a deterent for some.
  8. KJJ

10,366 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    You got that right. :) Their victims suffered I would make sure the ones who committed the crimes suffer.
  9. KJJ

10,366 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Viewing a monster who tortured people being put to sleep humanly with a lethal injection isn't going to be a deterrent. They need to watch something that's going to be a shock to their system. If they know they going to suffer before burning in hell that could act as a deterrent.
  10. Doomsday101

74,946 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    Did not say lethal injection I think the chair would work just fine.
  11. KJJ

10,366 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Now a days most executions are carried out by lethal injection. They could stand them in front of a firing squad and have to watch everyone load their weapons prior to having their legs shot out from under them before going for the kill shot.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,280 Messages
    2,707 Likes Received
    Probably not although it's possible. Generally you pass out from decreased carotid artery flow fairly quickly. You can hang yourself from a doorknob just falling forward. A few brief moments of discomfort whether 30 seconds or several minutes does not equate with what the victims went thru.
  13. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,280 Messages
    2,707 Likes Received
    This thread has gone way overboard. Closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.