1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Arizona center Colin Baxter overcoming knee surgery on his way to the N.F.L. Draft.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 16, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://wildcat.arizona.edu/sports/baxter-battles-injury-1.1980618
    [IMG]
    Former Wildcats' center and ironman Colin Baxter, however, hasn't been so lucky.

Baxter underwent knee surgery in early December to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee and will have to rely on strictly game film and Pro Day to entice NFL teams. Luckily for Baxter, he has 48 consecutive starts worth of film to make up for his lack of visibility, but he said he still thinks his draft stock may take a hit.

"I'll probably go a little bit later (in the draft) because of the knee," said the 6-foot-4, 310-pound center in a phone interview with the Daily Wildcat. "I got a lot of film over the past four years and you know teams can look at that and pretty much know what they're getting. Hopefully, it doesn't hurt me too bad."
  2. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    so, is he any good Hos? worth a low round draft pick, if we cant get Odoyd from usc or stefen w......?
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,051 Messages
    2,961 Likes Received
    He's solid. He can develop for sure. He's 6'4" and near 300 pounds. Good at the point of attack. Better as a pass blocker than as a run blocker, but is big enough to catch up in run blocking. Anywhere from 5th to 7th rounds is good value for him.
  4. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    cool thanks for info:cool:
  5. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,290 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind Dallas drafting a center, rather than teaching a guard the position, for once.