1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Arkin or Bern?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Teague31, Aug 17, 2013.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,635 Messages
    3,156 Likes Received
    I don't think that's so far fetched anymore.
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well as bad as some criticize the line, one thing is true is age is on their side. A line with Arkin in it would all be 25 and under except Free. To say we are this close to going with this many young guys and having hope they will get better is definitely an optimistic viewpoint. Even Berny is only 27, although I don't see him developing or getting any better than the present, he is what he is at this point.

Its good to see the line developing, but I still think Arkin is a year away and we really need to get Leary/Waters out there by any means necessary. If not, Arkin might have to be the guy, ready or not. After that, maybe Livings then Berny......Berny really looks lost out there sometimes even though he is physically more ready than Arkin, mentally he isn't ready at all.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    wasn't the knock on Bernie that he was inconsistent? If that is the case then nothing has changed and its about time to give up on him. Arkin is weak in anchoring; but OK to good otherwise. AS long as he is not up against one of the monster DTs like Suh or the like then he will do OK.

BUT bottom line is that NEITHER of them is the real answer at guard
  4. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Yes it was. I watched that play three times in slo motion to see what happened. Fred went right past the guy as if he was looking to seal off a linebacker, but there was no linebacker there and the guy he went past made the tackle. I chalk that up as a rookie mistake.