1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Arrelious Benn, Vladimir Ducasse also visiting Cowboys

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 31, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Arrelious Benn, Vladimir Ducasse also visiting Cowboys
    1:11 PM Wed, Mar 31, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Todd Archer/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

You can add a couple of more names to the list of visitors to Valley Ranch. Nick Eatman of dallascowboys.com said Illinois wide receiver Arrelious Benn and UMass offensive tackle Vladimir Ducasse are in the house.

That's the third top-flight wide receiver that we know of visiting the Cowboys, joining Dez Bryant and Brandon LaFell. Could this all be a smokescreen? Jerry Jones has said over and over he is happy with the wide receiver group currently under contract and likes the upside of last year's practice squad guys, Manny Johnson and Jesse Holley. Or maybe Jones' comments were a smokescreen.

Ducasse is an interesting prospect, too in part because of what we mentioned this morning: position flexibility. He played tackle at UMass but can play some guard, too. It might be a little too rich for him at No. 27 in the first round but some prognosticators seem him as a second rounder. My only question on Ducasse is this: Can he play right away if necessary? I haven't seen enough of him to know the answer to that question.
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    Benn makes it more interesting. I can understand Ducasse, but Benn is another possession type like LaFell and does not offer much on special teams.

And it is important to notice we have not scheduled much of anything with any of the offensive tackles, even those likely to be available at 27. That's a little telling to me.
  3. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    Not at tackle. He looked very rough at the Senior Bowl. I would think he could compete for a backup role at guard though. He just looks like more of a guard to me.
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He actually looked pretty good. The only thing the Senior Bowl reinforced was that he needs technique work. But he slides well, keeps a good bend and has an effective punch.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Above (in bold) is what I believe was the smokescreen.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Same here. We wouldn't be bringing in all these guys if we weren't serious about drafting one.