1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Article: Amukamara's stock far too high

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Apr 15, 2011.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,620 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
  2. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    subscription required.

as much as i love stats i find this guy's columns to be overanalyzed at times.

Not saying this apllies to this writer but i dont like read the boxscore type analyses that many blogs and board writers use. We all think we know what were talking about because we have "stats to prove it" I think there needs to be a better blend of what you see and feel as much as what the stats show.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    I'm wondering why he doesn't even mention Peterson in his article...
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,314 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Cause Peterson is a safety? :laugh2:
  5. xwalker

13,620 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    I agree, stats can be overrated; however, I did find it interesting how drastically underwhelming Prince's stats are compared to the other two players.
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,510 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Just makes me want Harris more at 40
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Those numbers are pretty interesting, although I wasn't able to read the entire article because it's ESPN Insider content.

I don't think Amukumara is overrated (or rated too highly) because I don't think teams are really salivating over him to begin with.

I think he is benifitting from a CB class that is uniquely checkered. Peterson is the consensus top DB to be taken off the board. Then there are guys like Jimmy Smith who is scaring teams off with character concerns. A guy like Brandon Harris who is talented but undersized and hard to project as a starter.

All those factors keep a guy like Prince floating around the the 10-20 range and the 2nd DB off the board.
  8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure. I think those stats tell me on first glance that Prince does a good job of handling plays in front of him but struggles when the balls over his head.
  9. xwalker

13,620 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    Yes, it would we nice if it included PP's stats. I can't find those stats for PP anywhere.
  10. xwalker

13,620 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    Ok, I did find that PP's YPA (total) is 3.4 in 2010.