1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Article: Cowboys should draft CJ Mosley - if Donald isn't there

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Texas_Pete, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,205 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    Suggests this may be a way to preserve Sean Lee's health:
    LINK

If Donald is gone, I'd love to have Mosley next to Sean Lee.
  2. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    If they like Mosely then go for it. Anything we can do to keep Lee on the field for a whole season.
  3. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

2,433 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    I'd rather have a Ryan shazier but that just my opinion
  4. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    228 "Mike "LB ? Isn't this the reason many feel Lee can't hold up in the middle...
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,641 Messages
    3,162 Likes Received
    Umm... No.

He would have to represent clear head & shoulders value over any DL, OL or safety for me to think choosing him would be a good move.
    Carl23 likes this.
  6. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,384 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    As much as I'd love to see Mosley in Dallas I'm not sure we can justify ignoring the d line in the first. In saying that if they bring in Melton in FA then I'd be happy with taking Mosley. Have horrible visions of him ending up in New York though.
  7. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,259 Messages
    702 Likes Received
    no thanks,we dont need another LB with injury concerns.
  8. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

878 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    I'll pass, trade back please.
    mcompact likes this.
  9. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,427 Messages
    644 Likes Received
    Mosley has been beat up physically and the DL would best be our first consideration with a quick-twitch guy like Aaron Donald or someone else of that ilk. If Donald isn't in the cards for us, maybe Jernigan or Hageman could fit the bill. It's been said we might even delve into the WR market at #16 if the scouts deem it best. There'll certainly be more than one course of action to consider. Ealy at DE wouldn't hurt my feelings if he were taken, either.
  10. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,385 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    terrible all around. there has been no talk of moving Lee. Mosley is going to have to transition from the 3-4 and isn't mobile enough to do what needs to be done in the tampa 2
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    He's a good player. I'm all for adding them where you can. We did struggle badly at LB late in the season last year.
  12. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    He's another player who can't keep his weight. He is too light now, and has a hard time gaining weight.
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,234 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
    I know it is lazy evaluation, but I look at how the Alabama players have fared for the most part and I want to pass.
  14. Alexander

25,234 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
    I would rather take a player like Borland later. I agree with the concept of getting a good backup for Lee and even moving him if necessary. But there are other options for that first round pick. If no Donald, then Martin. If neither then all bets are off.

Mosely would be "value" as I feel pretty confident they will claim he was top five on their board and pat themselves on the back after drafting him.

Just not sure if that is the bang for the buck that is needed so badly. We need to absolutely get a Bryant type hit with that pick.
  15. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    I haven't seen anything but fan speculation that lee would move to wlb. I'm not saying its a bad idea I just I haven't heard it from inside the Cowboys orginization.
  16. Alexander

25,234 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
    Even if that were the plan that would be foolish to announce you were doing so prior to the draft.
    mcompact likes this.
  17. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received

I agree. The article stated it though like they've said it. I just thought maybe I missed something.
  18. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,001 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Sorry but i would rather have ryan shazier. Much better fit in this scheme with our current personnel(ie sean lee at ilb).
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,845 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    how many players from the really loaded teams ever shine a lot? I remember those great USC teams about 10 years or so ago. How many of them ever really produced big time in the pros?