1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Article: DMN/JJT - Notebook: Cornerbacks get coach's support

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Sep 14, 2004.

1. MinnesotaCowboy

MinnesotaCowboy Member

629 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Right on, Adam.....BP said almost exactly the same thing in his PC. :D
  2. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

3,043 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    I don't believe Dixon is my himself when it comes to lacking ball skills or not having the confidence to look for the ball, it's more of a team wide problem, IMO.

Dallas simply doesn't have a secondary player who can be counted on to regularly play the ball at this time.

Someone needs to step up, even if it's without a much needed assist from the pass rush.

We had better hope blitzing more isn't the only option on the table.

Too much blitzing leaves the defense vulnerable to big, potentially game changing plays.

And Dallas doesn't even have good blitzers to rush the passer when they call for it, Roy Williams is the best of the bunch, IMO.

It's bizarre to see a Bill Parcells team with no pass rush ability at linebacker as things stand.

As for the regular pass rush, it has little choice but to improve over Sunday's effort.

And it should.

Marcellus Wiley should grow more comfortable in the scheme, Kenyon Coleman should improve with playing time along with rookie Kalen Thornton and Leo Carson's return should add some punch.
  3. Bobo

Bobo New Member

911 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought one of the backup lb's was a good blitzer. Forget the guys name, but he had 2 sacks against the Titans I believe. He was lined up at end if I remember right, but he got really good pressure. Of course it can be risky, but a well timed blitz can own an opposing O. Of course a less mobile QB would be a better setup for a blitz.

I didn't know Carson was considered the #2 DT, that should help. I too thought I saw some obvious holding that wasn't called, but to their credit, they have a good line and very mobile QB. That may have been the hardest game as far as getting pressure in those respects. I just hope it won't be a smiliar scenario against the Eagles......but Brunell should good down a few times :D
  4. Bobo

Bobo New Member

911 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well if the Boys need some CB help, the Titans just released Mike Echols....y'all remember him....he's the guy that Key abused :p