1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Article: Leftists MIA

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by bbgun, Aug 19, 2008.

1. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why haven't the Left got Georgia on their minds?

Richard Littlejohn
    Daily Mail UK

Pity I was away last week. I must have missed the march through London against the Russian invasion of Georgia. What a magnificent sight it must have been - half a million protesters standing firm against tyranny and supporting freedom and democracy.

I'd have loved to have heard Red Ken denouncing the bloodthirsty gangster regime in Moscow, George Galloway comparing Vladimir Putin to Hitler and Tony Benn declaring it was all about oil.

What's that you say? There was no such rally? I suppose they must all have been too busy demonstrating against Chinese oppression in Tibet and demanding a boycott of the Beijing Olympics.

Or perhaps not. Funny how the Not In My Name crowd always overlooks aggression by Communist or 'former' Communist regimes.

There's no such reticence when it comes to portraying George W. Bush as the new Hitler or daubing swastikas on the Israeli flag. Look at the protests against the wars in Iraq and Lebanon.

The same people who can't wait to burn the American flag in Trafalgar Square are only too happy to ignore Russian, Chinese and Iraqi genocide.

Where were all the marchers when the Russians were crushing Chechnya? Why so silent on Tibet? They must have been looking the other way when Saddam slaughtered the Kurds.

It hasn't been difficult to find apologists for the invasion of Georgia. We're told that the 'American-educated' Mikhail Saakashvili provoked the Russians beyond all reason. What did we expect encouraging the spread of democracy in former Soviet satellite states?

No wonder Moscow feels threatened when independent countries it once ruled by military might become members of the European Union and apply to join Nato.

Putting a Western missile defence system in Poland is like waving a red rag at a bull, the sophisticates say. Putin has no option but to retaliate.

I don't remember them demanding the withdrawal of Soviet nukes pointing at Western capitals from East Germany. Back then, the Guardianistas were all for one-sided disarmament on our part.

The Left has always been picky about their protests. While they rightly denounce white racism in South Africa, they stay silent on black racism in Zimbabwe.

They bang on about American cultural imperialism, but have nothing to say about Russian or Chinese military imperialism.

America is constantly denounced for its 'human rites' abuses, but you never hear a dicky bird about the denial of basic freedoms in China or throughout the Muslim world.

Europe's Leftists define themselves by their hatred of the U.S., yet cheerfully tolerate all kinds of tyranny elsewhere. They're against 'torture' at Guantanamo Bay, but take a relaxed view of Chinese and Russian death squads.

There are still plenty of 'comrades' in the Labour Party and the trades union movement who regret the day the Berlin Wall came tumbling down. They're only too willing to give succour to the enemies of freedom and democracy around the world.

So the official line is that the war in Iraq was nothing to do with Saddam boasting that he had weapons of mass destruction and defying a whole slew of United Nations resolutions to which he agreed after the liberation of Kuwait. It was all about oil.

Yet the invasion of Georgia was justified because Russia was 'provoked'. So we can assume that Putin never gave a moment's thought to Georgia's pipeline to the West?

What about the announcement last week by a Russian general that Poland was now a prime target for a nuclear strike because it had the audacity to agree to site a Nato defence shield within its borders?

I must have missed the CND press release on that one.

A new survey says that British attitudes towards the United States are governed by ignorance of the facts.

For instance, most people here and in Europe believe America sold Saddam most of his arsenal. The truth is that just 0.46per cent of Iraq's weapons came from the U.S. Russia supplied 57 per cent, China 12 per cent and the cheese-eating surrender monkeys across the Channel were responsible for 13 per cent.

The U.S. is routinely portrayed as anti-Islamic. But in 11 out of 12 of the most recent conflicts between Muslims and non-Muslims, America has sided with the Muslims.

Other widespread myths such as Americans being denied medical care if they don't have health insurance are simply not true. Filthy, unregulated Russian and Chinese factories and power stations spew out poisonous gases, but America is branded the world's biggest polluter, even though it has done more to cut carbon emissions since the year 2000 than any other country.

The 'liberal' media has a vested interest in perpetuating such lies. The Left seems to be gripped with some kind of political ***** envy of America, which can be assuaged only by sucking up to tyrants and dictators.

If we are entering a new Cold War, you can guarantee that the Left will once again be on the wrong side.

There's nothing new in this. Forty years ago this summer, the big demonstrations in London were against America's war against communist North Vietnam, not the Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia.

So no change there, then.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,291 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    Nice .... Although the Author is a controversial figure sometimes called the British Rush Limbaugh

Although to me that is not a bad thing.
  3. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are very few American-style conservatives in the UK or indeed the world. That's why I laugh when they say the world should get to vote in US presidential elections. No Republican would ever again win the White House, and they know it. In fact, they're counting on it.
  4. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,906 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I guess we can only dream......
  5. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wouldnt wanna wake up from that one.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Jason Garrett's Loudest Supporter Zone Supporter

119,334 Messages
    3,520 Likes Received
    Like I have pointed out before...I did not see any anti-war protests when Russia invaded Georgia.

They only protest America. The protests have nothing to do with war.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Winter is Here Staff Member

61,895 Messages
    5,278 Likes Received
    I personally don't care what the people in the UK think. They don't run this country no matter how many would like to complain about what they do, say or don't do or say.

However here is some food for thought. Could it be that they don't like the USA, as opposed to russia and other countries, because they know that if the USA goes to war in the middle east...their country will go along with the USA?

Just something to consider. But as I stated before, I don't care what some people from the UK care about as they don't run this country and no matter how much some want to use a fear tactic...we are not going to turn into them.
  8. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,967 Messages
    809 Likes Received
    The Left and Russia are one and the same. The Left loves war when the Russians are involved and killing and invading. The Left hates the USA.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,895 Messages
    5,278 Likes Received
    Do you slobber when you post that drivel? Just curious.
  10. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,906 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I'm disgusted with the Russians. Their actions are pathetic and reflect the mentality of a schoolyard bully. They had no business in Afghanistan in the 80's and no business in Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Rumania, Germany, Lithuania, Estonia, and any other Eastern Block satellite that I haven't mentioned. I have lots of American friends, and I'm to the left of you politically (frankly, who isn't!) and I'm not much of a fan of war.
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did you read the column? If anything, he was slamming UK-based lefty protesters. But since the same observations could and have been made of US activists, his nationality is wholly irrelevant. It's all about the hypocrisy, not Littlejohn's passport.

But there have been anti-war, anti-American protests in countries that contributed not one soldier to our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Are they similarly protesting Russian aggression? Not that I can see. Why?
  12. BrAinPaiNt

61,895 Messages
    5,278 Likes Received
    Yes I read it and again...I don't get my skivies in a twist if a bunch of UK lads protest or think ill of the USA. If people here want to protest...so be it, they have the right and freedom to do so. Don't care what they do over there as far as protesting or ragging on America.

I was just talking about them.

As far a the rest of the world or other countries. I am pretty sure that no matter what reason i would give you, it would not amount to a hill of beans. The bottom line is I imagine they see America as a powerful nation that sticks it's nose in other peoples business, bullies people around and are only interested in their own interests. I imagine they wonder why we have the right to dictate to other countries what kind of government should be in place when we have so much trouble with our own government. Could be a multitude of reasons...could boil down to religious differences.

Still does not bother me if they want to have protests and such...let them.
  13. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, I'm a jen-yoo-eyen American, so that means I can pass judgment on the hypocritical "see no evil except American evil" Left.

They don't understand us? Gee, I wonder why.

British attitudes towards the United States are governed by ignorance of the facts on key issues such as crime, health care and foreign policy, according to a new survey.

Just so long as they're consistent in their outrage. Otherwise, they're full of **** and deserve to be called out for it.
  14. zrinkill

33,291 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    Seems like the king of calling out Mock Outrage would get what is being said.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

61,895 Messages
    5,278 Likes Received
    Meh...that stuff just doesn't bother me. Never have cared what they thought of us. We got enough problems worrying our own government to worry about some blokes across the pond think of us.:D
  16. zrinkill

33,291 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received

I understand that ..... just thought you would eat this up.
  17. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    "Ole Zrintroll, the non-biased, non-partisan troll. So easy to kick around--just like most trolls.

It's not a bad thing because you don't care about facts. You enjoy listening to lies if they suit your perspective. And you're not partisan.... :lmao:

=============================
    Limbaugh: "We don't retract anything we do here because we never lie and make things up on this program"

On February 15, the same day that FOX News host Bill O'Reilly claimed that "[n]o lies have been told about anyone" on his show, nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh boasted: "We don't retract anything we do here because we never lie and make things up on this program." Limbaugh also defended the accuracy of FOX News, stating: "You know, at FOX News, I have to tell you this, they haven't had to retract one story, major story that I can recall since they've been on the air."
    Media Matters for America has documented frequent instances of smears, falsehoods and distortions from FOX News' "hard news" reporters and commentators.
    And here are some examples of misstatements, lies, and distortions from The Rush Limbaugh Show: __________________
  18. zrinkill

33,291 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received

Wow ..... the "guy" who has never won a "fight" on this board is posting the same Liberal garbage in 2 different threads?

Poor little guy must be running out of material
  19. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

15,408 Messages
    2,596 Likes Received
    Is every one of those links from Media Matters?

If so, we might as well just get our information from Michael Moore.
  20. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The troll has been whining about it a lot so it's fun to post because he likes Rush Limbaugh better than Media Matters....... But you can't say that it doesn't have some merit. Because it really does expose a lot of Rush's lies.