1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Article on Terrance Williams

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Apr 28, 2013.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    A wide receiver? Another skill player? Where is the need for Terrance Williams when you have Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Dwayne Harris? Let me tell you this, Terrance Williams fills a big need and was an absolute steal in the third round for the Dallas Cowboys.

For the last two years, I complained that the Cowboys have lacked two things from their receiving corps: They lacked another outside wide receiver to pair with Dez Bryant and they didn’t have a deep threat with speed who could take the top off the defense. On Friday, the accomplished both by selecting Baylor WR Terrance Williams in the third round.

Williams really came into his own in 2011 with Robert Griffin III as his quarterback. That season he hauled in 59 receptions for 957 yards and 11 touchdowns. But what was even more impressive was after RGIII left in 2012, Williams elevated his play and became one of the premier players in college football.

In 2012, he led the nation in receiving yards, piling up 1,832 yards on 97 catches to go along with 12 touchdowns. As a prospect, I believe he falls somewhere between last year’s first round pick from Baylor, Kendall Wright and the 2012 second round supplemental draft pick Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns.

Read the rest at http://thelandryhat.com/2013/04/28/dallas-cowboys-steal-terrance-williams-in-third-round/
  2. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,262 Messages
    4,194 Likes Received
    When Miles' legs are right he's fast enough to be an outside threat but we haven't had deadly speed that was effective since when....Rocket? Galloway?. Surely I'm missing someone. Dez isn't and TO wasn't that fast.
  3. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Amidst all my criticizing of the Escobar pick, I'm actually in favor of this one. It shores up the receiving corps by taking some pressure off Dez and letting Miles run intermediate routes and take advantage of YAC (AKA play the slot)
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,699 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

What does that tell you about RG3?
  5. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Um, that most teams in the NFL would kill to have him?
  6. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,699 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:

OK....you think the Broncos would trade Payton for RG 1-1/2
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,544 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Terry Glenn
  8. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,505 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Can we get lucky like this again? Getting Glenn for a low draft pick was a steal. He was such a good player for us.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,544 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Besides being a burner that guy had hands like fly paper.
  10. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    Loved me some Terry Glenn post corner routes.
  11. BruceCarter54

BruceCarter54 Member

56 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He said most??? lol...I think most people contributed his skyrocket in production too the fact Gordon and Kendall Wright left....
  12. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,359 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    I miss her
  13. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,354 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    It tells you that Kendall wright was the go to guy, just like dez was and when he was gone Blackmon stepped up and so did Williams.
  14. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,505 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Glenn had the physical talent to easily go down as an all-timer. He lost a chunk of his prime years due to a myriad of reasons. Some of it was his own fault. Better health and in a better situation consistently, his career numbers would be among top 15-20 in most statistical categories for WRs.

As for Williams...realistically you hope somewhere around Thanksgiving he begins to make his mark on this offense. With all the weapons in front of him, opportunities will be limited and it won't be easy.
  15. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  16. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Don't worry, he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, he's probably still in high school.
  17. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    It never gets old...
  18. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,041 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Ages of Cowboy WR corps as of right now today

Dez 24
    Miles 28
    Harris 25
    Beasley 24
    T Williams 23

Looks like a young dangerous group - no age issues here
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    :bow: I can't think of any WR I've watched who did that as well. I don't miss him falling down immediately after making every catch though. For his athleticism, his YAC was absurdly low

:laugh2:
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    I was really happy to see the Cowboys select him. Williams showed last season that his production was not based on RGIII but the fact he is a quality player. I look forward to seeing him on the field