1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ARTICLE: SAEN: Bledsoe-Another Hurd fan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by KingTuna, Aug 9, 2006.

1. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Another Hurd fan:

Bledsoe has joined Parcells and Terrell Owens in rookie Sam Hurd's fan club.

Hurd, a Brackenridge graduate, practiced with the first team in place of the injured Owens for the second-straight day.

"The guy has been impressive," Bledsoe said. "One, he's making plays, going after the ball. The other thing is we have asked him to play three different positions, X, Z and F, and he played all of them in the scrimmage (Saturday) and didn't make a mistake. That's pretty rare for a rookie."

:starspin
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,104 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    If anyone who has seen him play could tell me whether he looks fast in camp I would be very appreciative. I know he has the slow 40 time and I know everyone thinks 40 times are overrated, but if he's going to be a long-term answer to our WR position he needs to have some speed to stretch the field.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hurd describes himself as a long-strider, so I'm assuming that is the most apt description of his playing speed
  4. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Hurd is having a good showing. We have to keep him on the roster for sure now, because no way he remains on the practice squad. This kid has definatly EARNED his star!!!
  5. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How many QBs do u know that say they dont like a WR?
  6. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Hurd now has the qb in his corner.....should make the team
  7. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received

humm...Mcnabb comes to mind!! :laugh1:
  8. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

835 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    That right there is real impressive in my book, and almost solidify him a roster spot, especially if he has good showings during the preseason games.
  9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Its strange to me that Hurd is running with the 1st team instead of Crayton. Crayton better watch out, or he's going to lose a roster spot to Hurd. Since he doesn't play special teams, he's wasting a roster spot if he's not the #3 WR.
  10. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Well, I think they are just experimenting with Hurd, Inman. They know what Crayton can do, and want to see what Hurd can do. Looking more and more like Hurd makes the team, meaning Copper and Green are definitely on the bubble.
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I don't know why everyone thinks Crayton is an automatic lock for a roster spot. He's a former 7th round draft pick who is now entering his critical 3rd year who doesn't play special teams and doesn't have much ceiling.
  12. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

835 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Because he has proved he has fairly reliable hands, and there isn't much besides Hurd behind him pushing him.
  13. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Because he is. He's having a solid camp himself.
  14. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think they are both (Crayton & Hurd) running with the 1st team. Both TO and Terry were out, and when Terry returned he was limited.