1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Artie Gigantino (Raider Broadcaster) with Steve & Jen-Jen on ESPN 103-Dallas...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Sep 28, 2005.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Gigantino:
    • Reports that Moss isn't practicing hard is over-blown. He is practicing as hard as anyone.
    • Moss has been nothing but a joy to be around since coming here.
    • Moss is being blamed for the 0-3 start. He is only the second rated WR in the league. It is none of his doing.
    • The criticism of Moss would be that he isn't being looked at in the Red Zone. But that is not his fault either. Ask the coaches and Collins why.
    • Turner is doing a good job here, but his record doesn't reflect it. Don't point fingers at Norv yet.
    • The Raiders do NOT want to go into the bye week at 0-4.
    • The Raiders are a bit tired from two cross-country trips, but they are hungry for this game.
    • This game should have 50-60 points.
    • They feel Parcells is going to try and run the ball instead of going Air Bledsoe. Lots of play-action and ball control. It is a good strategy if it works.
    • Monster Park felt like a home game for Dallas with all the Cowboy fans. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing this week.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    The guy's right as far as them being dumb with penalties. They shot themselves in the foot so much in the Philly game, it was ridiculous.

But their downfall is their D. It sucks. Warren Sapp looks like he just sat at a table and never got up. McNabb had all day in the pocket all game long. I swear he could've taken a nap for the amount of time he had to pass the ball. They've got two young guys as CBs opposite Charles Woodson who can be torched occasionally.

I really hope we don't get into a shootout with them. While Bledsoe did well in San Fran, I wouldn't want to depend on those kind of performances on a regular basis. Plus, that would make me lose my warm & fuzzies I still have for our D.
  3. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In order to beat them JuJo and Co must have a big game running. This will bleed the clock and keep the Oakland offense cold. Parcells needs to play the nickel because Oakland will go 3 WR prolly the whole game. It is best to play the pass and let Oakland beat themselves. Then again we may go for the throat eventually BP will get confidense in this team and turn them loose.
  4. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,699 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I see our "O" moving the ball well in this game. I just hope that BP pulls the trigger and lets them play...
  5. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,444 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    If you haven't lost your warm and fuzzies over our D yet, I'm not sure what you are waiting for....lol. I love the potential...I love our SS, all of our CB's, and our DL....but our LB's stink, and we are giving up points at a record pace. As far as letting the other teams score points, I don't think our defense could be any worse at this point. People get frustrated with the old "bend but don't break" theory, but the fastest way to lose games in the NFL today is to do it our recent way....give up easy big plays every week.

We have to be among the worst teams in the NFL on 3rd and 4th down defense, too. Hopefully, eventually, someone will start making big plays rather than giving them up.

Right now, the offense is carrying this team the way the defense carried them for a few years...who would have predicted that in preseason?
  6. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I say let Bledsoe and Terry draw up some plays and air it out.

Go Cowboys.
  7. NYCowboy22

NYCowboy22 Member

632 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "They feel Parcells is going to try and run the ball instead of going Air Bledsoe. Lots of play-action and ball control. It is a good strategy if it works."

Isn't any strategy that works a good strategy? :rolleyes:
  8. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Amen. That Stanford Routt has a "Mario Edwards Bullseye" all over him. I hope we open up passing to loosen things up for JJ, but then I'd like to see a ball-control offense. Dillon and Westbrook have gashed the Raiders in the flats (surprisingly, Priest Holmes didn't do much) and I think we can stretch them out without risking too much harm to our beloved totem pole of a QB.
  9. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Warren Sapp fell far fast. Maybe Keyshawn was right? Seriously, though, Sapp looks like he's gotten fat and lazy. And the rest of that defense doesn't impress me either. The offense does concern me though.
  10. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,367 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    I know it's only a 3-hour trip flight, but I have no problem with what Parcells did with our 2 west coast games.
  11. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would think if there was a game where we would see a LOT of 4-3...this is it. Stuff the run early and put Glover, Ware, Ellis, Spears, and Canty out there...all good rushers.
  12. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we can contain Moss from killing us then we have a GOOD shot to win this game.

We should be able to move the ball offensivley (at least through the air) and score points.

Keep Moss under 100 yards and we will win.
  13. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,794 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Since they are big in the middle with oversized LB's, wouldn't this be good game to unleash Tyson Thompson with his speed to the outside and also give JJ some relief? Makes sense to me.
  14. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The days of speed guys wide in the NFL died about 20 years ago.
  15. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,933 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Why are people in Oakland blaming Moss for their 0-3 start? I had no clue he was taking so much criticism out there.
  16. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The media jumps on quotes about Moss not playing hard all the time.......He now has a rep for it....so when things go wrong......blame is easy to point.

Moss is a difference maker........but he needs a QB to throw him the ball.....against the Eagles....for some reason Colins looked to Porter more and all he did was drop was catchable balls.

If the media and fans in Oakland aren't happy with Moss........trade him here :)
  17. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It seems like ball control and play action are good if you want to keep your undersized defense off the field and keep them from being worn down. Why should we care now with all of the size and depth in the front 7, that has us all excited. I think we should take the shackles of the offense and let Drew air it out. The Oline has played outstanding protecting him. I think ball control, especially if they don't give Julius a break like they have been is just asking to have him worn down later in the season.
  18. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This concussion business is very very VERY distressing.

I am sure the coaching staff and the team medicos, much less Jerry, would never put any player who is still showing symptoms on the field, but we have heard so little about the injury that once again, the paucity of info leads to increased worry.

I wish we could just sit him this week. Seriously.
  19. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Play him if he's healthy, If he's not sit him.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    It doesn't make much sense. He's about the entire offense for them so far.