1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: AS: Cowboys ice their own kicker in 19-13 OT loss

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Cowboys ice their own kicker in 19-13 OT loss

By Vince Marotta/Arizona Sports
    Published: December 04, 2011 @ 9:07pm

Icing the kicker.
    A time-honored tradition that involves calling a timeout before an opposing kicker attempts a big field goal. You know, an opportunity to let the kicker think about the enormity of what he's about to attempt, and inevitably botch it.

That tradition does not include climbing in the head of your own kicker when a game is on the line. But that's exactly what Dallas head coach Jason Garrett did on Sunday just before his kicker, Dan Bailey, was in his approach to kick a potential game-winning 49-yard field goal.

The timeout was called and granted, but happened so late that Bailey actually followed through with the kick, which sailed through the uprights.

http://arizonasports.com/40/1475514/Cowboys-ice-their-own-kicker-in-1913-OT-loss
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm glad I didn't have to go into the office this morning... I still have that sour taste in my mouth!
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I didn't get the game in my market. (GB/gspots instead) I've stuck up for Red ALOT but this time......:banghead: :banghead:

.........this is pretty brutal. He's on his own: no excuses not to win this division. If Miles can't come back 100% healthy it will be extremely difficult: just not enough weapons right now.