1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

As if C.B. wasn't a high priority already,

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ThatsmyQB, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Dolphins and PARCELLS signed Nathan Jones!
    We got NO ONE behind our starters, expect a C.B. in round 1 FOR SURE and another in the top 3 or 4 rounds.

I still like my mock of Talib at #28 and Zach Bowman later on down the line!
    Would OBVIOUSLY love Jenkins/DRC at #22, but fell they''ll be gone!
    I like Justin King too, if he's there in round 2 jump all over him.
  2. dmoore

dmoore New Member

449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Losing Jones doesn't matter at all. We'll obviously use an early pick on a CB, and I'm sure we can bring in a veteran FA before camp starts.

Also, the only thing I hate more than exclamation points are completely unneeded exclamation points. Your posts make me cry.
  3. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Then don't read my posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Losing Jones DOES matter, leaves us yet another open spot on our roster at C.B. losing him and Reeves so far!
  4. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Losing two mediocre players at best is not a catastrophe... we already have more than adequate replacments for Reeves and Jones on the roster, in the form of Ball and Oglesby... but I hope and expect that the Boys will upgrade from them, too...
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,232 Messages
    4,553 Likes Received
    See I agree with the other poster.

It does leave us with two holes. Reeves and Jones were nothing to write home about but they did have exp playing where Ball and O has basically nil.

Another thing is no matter what we still have to replace those guys. I think it really dictates the draft for this team in ways.

Now hopefully it will get us some good corners in the draft with much more upside. But to act as it is nothing and has no bearing (no pun intended) is a bit of a stretch...at least in my opinion.
  6. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,269 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Ball is a corner. Brown is a safety.

And they were also late picked rookies, hence their position on the depth chart.

I think we'll take two DB's in the draft and maybe pick up an undrafted FA or a vet that got no interest prior to the draft. I'm sure teams will also be releasing guys after the draft, so I see no sense in drafting 3 corners. 2 corners and a safety even seems unlikely to me with Brown and Watkins on the roster, but it could happen.
  8. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I stand corrected!
  9. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,807 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    notice that i changed my mock in my signature....i have given up on DRC....he will not get past NE, NO, Buffalo, Detroit, Arizona, and Washington.

Cason was the best CB in the nation last year and played against a lot of pass happy teams in the Pac-10. I like his size, speed, and experience.
  10. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To eahc his own, but I think I'd PUKE if your sig was our actual mock!
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    It is a lock that we will take a DB with one of our 1st four picks....the earlier the better based on the value of what is remaining. If we do not grab one until our 3rd or 4th pick (Rd2 and 3) then we will, IMO, surely pick a second DB later.
  12. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it's all good. were gonna work out a trade with oakland where they send us the #4 overall pick(dmac) and fabian washington(3rd cb).
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,269 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Please stop. :laugh2:
  14. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    just give me another 40 some days to dream before jerry screws up in the draft.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,891 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    If your dream is him trading up, and giving up what he'd have to in order to do so, in order to get DMac and the rest of the deal for Dallas is Washington...then God I can only pray that Jerry doesn't do anything like what you're dreaming of. Cause then he certainly would be screwing up the draft.
  16. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The San Francisco Chronicle confirms that the Raiders are actively shopping CB Fabian Washington.
    If Washington hadn't lost his confidence and job to Stanford Routt in 2007 and been accused of domestic battery in February, his value would be a lot higher. As is, Oakland shouldn't be asking for more than a third-round pick.
    Source: San Francisco Chronicle

this is our #3 corner right here.
  17. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope not, overrated!

Round 1: DRC/Talib/Jenkin$
    Round 2: King/Godfrey/Wheatley

We draft 2 C.B.'$ in top 3 round$!

Mi$$ing the $ on my keyboard, bare with me! :)
  18. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,269 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Dude, you need to stay off the internet. Seriously.
  19. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Brand new keyboard actually, ju$t $pilled water on it!
  20. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In your opinion maybe...but there are some of us who think DMac would make a huge impact and be well worth it

people act like we dont have a single DB worth a crap on this team, and nothing could be farther from the truth. We need a nickel CB and maybe a 4th, and you can get those guys outside the 1st rd with ease if yoru scouts do a good job

David