1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

AsthmaField here, I survived Katrina...

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by AsthmaField, Sep 14, 2005.

1. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,101 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Barely.

I finally got to a place with electricity today. I had to get a dial-up account, but I'm back and ready for some Cowboy news!!!

It's amazing how much I missed this place and the information provided here.

Anyways, I'm really grateful to be alive and able to finally come here! It was a harrowing experience these last two weeks or so on the Mississippi coast.

Questions:

What happened to Burnett? How long will he be out?

We got Peerless Price? Wow.

Who impressed in the game the most? Clearly Bledsoe did well, but who else made plays of note?

Any catch-up info will be greatly appreciated. Good to be back... even with dial-up :eek::
  2. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,766 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    welcome back man, gald to hear that you survied hopefully you well get back on your feet soon.

Burnett looks to be out 1-3 weeks, maybe coing back monday

HEnry Key Crayton and BLedsoe impressed me the most

and i think thats it i'm not sure
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,868 Messages
    3,805 Likes Received
    I'll let others give you a recap, but I'm glad you made it out safely and are stable enough to have internet.

Check the Members Zone. I think others were looking for you as well...
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Oh man it is great to see you here.

We also acquired Scott Fujita from the Chiefs for a 6th in 06, and conditional 7th in 07.

Burnett should be back this week or next. Minor clean up surgery.

In the game Henry impressed me the most on D. Bledsoe was stellar on O. I wish I could say anyone was a standout on ST, but we won. Hell of a good game too.
  5. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh man, you totally missed us winning the SB!

Anthony Henry was a monster for us against SD as was Crayton. Petitti did a very good job at RT although he did have a couple of false starts but then so did the other OLs early in the game.

Ware didn't do much nor did Spears or Canty.

Bah, here's what I wrote up on the game:

Glad to see you survived and made it to a safe place with access to the internet.
  6. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glad all is well
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,101 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Henry played good? great.

I thought he'd be a good pickup. Did we get any sacks? I guess I can look it up now that I have Internet access... We haven't been getting any real newspapers down here since the storm.

Crayton looked good? I gathered that Price wasn't active from another thread... Does it look like Crayton will still get playing time once Peerless is activated?

Man, I can't believe I'm sitting here reading and typing on the Internet... I wondered if I ever would again...
  8. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,418 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Glad your back, I went through a small bit of Katrina as well.
  9. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We are certainly glad to see you back and ok AsthmaField.

We played a real fine football game Sunday. Overcame a very suspect 1st qt but prevailed coming from behind in the 4th.

Run D did a good job on LT.....held him to 74yds, Secondary especially the corners excellent game....Henry is a stud. We pressured Brees all day not many sacks.

The moved the ball well, JJ 94 yds, Bledsoe played an excellent game 146 QB rating.
    converted 3rd downs and scored 28 points. OL did a nice job of pass protecting Drew, run blocking ok but could be better.

Our ST left alot to be desired.........We let Sproles chew up the yardage on kick returns allowing SD excellent field position. Something we need to fix asap.

One positive I know you will be glad to hear is that our D kept them from scoring in the last 2 min of the game with an INT in the endzone by Glenn.

It was a game not for those with a weak heart.lol Great Season opening win.

My game Balls:

Henry

JJ

Bledsoe

Crayton

Key
  10. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,101 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Thanks guys. It sounds like we started the year off right!

I hope we kick the Redskins all over the field!

And I hope cable is restored so I can see it (yeah, right)!!!
  11. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,388 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    glad to hear all is well. We did alot of good things,none bigger then going 4 for 4 in the redzone :D
  12. lane

lane The Chairman

10,429 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    welcome back !! i was worried about you and yours............ glad to see you are well.
  13. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,734 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    Two, should've had three. The pressure on the QB was okay. Tough to tell since San Diego only gave up 18 sacks last season. Got a sack in the 4th quarter which is a good sign and more importantly the defense didn't turn to mush in the 4th quarter.

Looked great. Caught everything thrown his way. His first reception he had a lot of yards after the carry. Essentially, the Chargers were double teaming Witten and Crayton wound up getting his catches.

Yes, Jerry and Parcells have repeatedly commented they don't want to take time away from Crayton. Plus, Price and Crayton play two different positions. It appears that Price is more or less an insurance policy and a guy to give Glenn and Keyshawn a breather. Also, I think they want to try some 4 WR sets, but they probably don't have enough confidence in the O-Line at this point to do so.

Check out Calico's videos. He's got highlights of the game.

Glad to hear you're okay

Rich.......
  14. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,720 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Nothing I can really add AF... glad you are ok and good to have you back!
  15. HardHittin'Witten

HardHittin'Witten This ain't Madden

2,550 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    good to hear you are OK...welcome back.
  16. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,029 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    It is nice to have you back, I am glad you made it through the storm. We here on the OBX of NC are getting ready for Opheila tonight. It was a great game on Sunday. The Cowboys looked really good except on kickoff coverage.
  17. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Where on TOB man? Im near Emeriald Isle.(Cedar Point)
  18. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great to have you back, AF!

Best thing about last week's game imo was the D not blowing it on the final SD drive.
  19. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Who cares about the game.....it's good to see you back.
  20. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

2,931 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Good to see you back AF. I hope that you and all of your family are safe. Are you still at home or have you moved?