1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

At 14th in the 2012 draft Cowboys select...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by scrives, Mar 30, 2012.

1. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your guess is just as good as mine. Give it to JG he has us all guessing. Just how they want it. Not eve Sdogo or Hostile can pin point it. It is a well kept secret. Great Job JG!!!! :lmao2:
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    Mark Barron - S - Alabama
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,914 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    If this happens I'll go cheer for the other team. :D

Seriously, I take DeCastro.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,426 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    Who knows right now there are about 10-12 players I could see picked at 14.
    I think Dallas will trade back.

But we still have a month left and I'm sure some news will come out by then.
  5. DBOY3141

3,239 Messages
    523 Likes Received

If you have any Tony Dorsett memento's, let me know.:D
  6. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,429 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    Usually when a team loads up on a position(And I do not mean adding great players in this case), they do not go out and draft that position(meaning a Guard). Dallas, also had paid Scandrick and now Carr, and Jenkins is about to cash in, so I think that takes CB out of consideration. Now, from what I hear about Barron, it seems that the #14 pick is a little early. Now last year, JG did not make any trades, on the other hand, is it reaching when there is a cap now for rookies, and it is the player you want? Also, DE/DT might be a consideration, considering Spears and Ratliff just signed deals, and Coleman is making a little money, but he can be cut, the other two can not, unless they want to take a cap hit. Now, Spencer has yet to sign his tender, which means right now his money is not guaranteed. Which would suggest, OLB/DE would be an option.

So, my guess is either Barron, or a pass rusher to play OLB. I highly doubt a trade back, unless JG makes it not JJ.
  7. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,637 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    I think it's Barron too. Very likely with jg being at Alabama pro day
  8. Zimmy Lives

5,914 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Actually, I do have his autograph. I was just a kid and my family and I saw him at LAX while we were vacationing. My dad walked right up to him and got his autograph because I was too scared to approach him.

My dad did know a lot of the staff, coaches and players because he was in charge of the team plane when he worked for Braniff. I have pictures and autographs of over 100 Cowboys including Tex and Coach Landry!
  9. DBOY3141

3,239 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    Very cool. TD was the man and my all time favorite Cowboy.
  10. Zimmy Lives

5,914 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Mine too, even after calling Randy White "Captain Scab!" Loved watching him play!
  11. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Fletcher Cox will be the Pick
  12. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,485 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    I think that'd be a smart pick. We haven't had stability at the Safety position for far too long and by all accounts Barron looks like he'll be a good player at the next level for a long time. He seems like the RKG Garrett is looking for and after his Pro Day a lot of people have been saying he cemented his status as a top 20 player.

I get the crowd that wants to move back to try and get perfect value for the player you draft, but that can be a bit risky and sometimes blows up in your face. It might be wise to just sit at 14 and draft a good football player at a need position like Barron.
  13. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,543 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I now get the feeling they will select one of the DBs from Alabama or South Carolina. I do think their preference is Barron.

Then they'll turn around and take an OLB or DE in the 2nd.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,189 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    Almost a month still to go folks.
  15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,504 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Yes, if he has a first round grade, it's a first round grade.
  16. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    As of today, I guess I'd have to go with Barron.

As much as I'd like to pick DeCastro, I don't think we're going that direction. I think we're going Defense early and often.

I would take Barron over Kirkpatrick, Brockers, Poe, and Upshaw as well.

I like Cox on the DL, but I think there's a decent chance he along with Coples and Ingram will be gone by 14.

Looking at it optimistically, I think Barron would be an early starter and help solidify the backfield. Just wish we could land a top CB or pass rusher . . . . but if we can't trade back and Ingram and Cox are gone by 14, I'd guess Barron is the pick.
  17. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I think they will draft Brockers if he gets by Carolina.
  18. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I been watching tape on him and my opinion has changed. Brockers is very young and very big 6'6 322 and he pushes the pocket big time. Sure he still has a lot to learn but his size and stregth are awesome! He could open the door for everyone on the DL including a passrusher we could take in the second or third. I would take Stanford TE in the second if he is there. Witten is slowing down fellas.
  19. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,806 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    If he falls to 14, I think Brockers is the selection. Otherwise, I think they will look to trade down.
  20. DBOY3141

3,239 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    Fleenor - TE - Stanford will go in the 1st round.