1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

At 14th in the 2012 draft Cowboys select...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by scrives, Mar 30, 2012.

1. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    They trade down into the 20s, pick up an extra 2nd, and draft Dontari Poe. They then Trade back up into the 1st with the two 2nds and take Peter Konz. Two big beasts to stick directcly in the middle of both lines.

They take a pass rusher with the 3rd.

2. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I was absolutely certain Kirkpatrick would have been the guy BEFORE Carr. After that, I started focusing on the front seven. I have never believed it would be an offensive lineman.

Now, I am back to thinking about the back end. I think the Ryans like to build their defenses from the back end and allow themselves the opportunity to swarm offenses with their front from all directions. I also keep going back to Rob Ryan at the senior bowl saying, "I'm only looking at DBs. Nothing else. DBs." When I first heard that quote, I was only thinking CB, but that isn't what he said, is it?

With that in mind, I believe Mark Barron from Alabama will be selected by the Dallas Cowboys.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    im getting this strange feeling that he is the guy we might pick up if he is there (maybe in a trade back idk).

I think the garrett attending alabama's proday (remember he only attended usc proday last year and we pick smith in round 1).

I think he wanted to get a close look with barron (rob ryan was there also). I wouldn't be too mad. When is the last time we had an impact safety. We sure do need 1. As long as we go passrush in the 2nd or 3rd i wouldn't hate if we selected barron. He can hit and cover. I woulld love or him to jack vick and rg3 up.:cool:
  4. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    It could just as easily be Hightower by that logic. Both would most likely involve trading down.
  5. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    tru but hightower would probably play MLB. We has sean lee, bruce carter (last year second round draft pick) and we just signed connor in FA. IDK if we are going to spend another 1st on a MLB. I know hightower can probably rush the passer also. but I in rushing the passer give me bruce irvin in the second.
  6. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DT Fletcher Cox or CB Stephon Gilmore is my hedged guess. And I'm a huge fan of David DeCastro.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,772 Messages
    1,691 Likes Received
    We have a trade................
  8. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,694 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Im almost certain we take a CB in the 1st round, with Jenkins injury and contract due next year, i really doubt we have any other choice...so ill say either Kirkpatrick or Gilmore.

If it was me picking i would pick Ingram.
  9. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could well be the right answer. Do you see the Cowboys trading UP or DOWN?
  10. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,718 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    I am sticking with DeCastro if available.

If not, most likely a trade down. Targets:Konz,Kirkpatrick,Barron.

I would stay at 14 and select DeCastro,Cox,Coples,Mercilus.
  11. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Member

277 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Cowboys trade up & select Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State.

Yes...this is Madden and yes, I AM dreaming.
  12. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,718 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Nothing is impossible but I would say that is as close to 0% as you can get to.
  13. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    yep..