1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

at #45 Dallas picks

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Apr 12, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Wisconsin OG Kevin Zeitler

an Academic honoree, Zeitler is known as a bit of a perfectionist - in the weight room, in the classroom and on the field. In short, he's a coach's dream; scouts report that he does just about everything in his life "by the book" and to the best of his ability. And he has a lot of ability: Zeitler has an almost perfect NFL guard's body: 6'3", 314 pounds, with huge 10" hands. Moreover, he's thick and durable, with good agility, lateral mobility and quick feet. This combo was lethal at the college level; according NFL Draft Report statistics, he led college football with 142 knockdown blocks and had 33 blocks that resulted in touchdowns

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...draft-prospects-wisconsin-guard-kevin-zeitler
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Wont be there. Ranked as high as 20's in many mocks. Almost as safe as DeCastro.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Brandon Boykin
  4. supercowboy8

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    should read the article. Many others have him ranked at 45 and lower and have him in the 2nd round. Guess it just depends on which mock you look at.

But if he is there at 45 like I think he will be then he should be the pick.
  5. supercowboy8

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    wow, no thanks, to early for him IMO.

I can get a good CB in the 3rd. Boykin is a 2nd-3rd round pick and Zeitler is way far better than Boykin is. I don't see Boykin as a day one starting CB. I see Zeitler as a day one starting OG.
  6. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    We have our starting guards this year. I don't see us drafting Zeitler.
  7. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    We are screwed
  8. supercowboy8

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    We do, who are they? Zeitler is an upgrade over any OG on the team.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,564 Messages
    2,431 Likes Received
    I don't know if he'd be there, but if he was, I'd be happy with that pick.
    Our new QGs both do not look like longer term solutions.
  10. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Zeitler won't be there at 45, and your initial reaction is over the top. 45 isn't early for Boykin, he'll go somewhere around there and he'll be a very good slot CB to start out, along with a good returner, and in a year or two he'll be a very good inside or outside starting for some team. His speed, quickness, and cover ability are too much to pass up. He can stay with any of the speed guys we have in our division. Cruz, D Jag, etc.. we need someone like Boykin who can stay with those guys.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Huh??
  12. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I just see the center position as a much bigger need than guard.

Sure, maybe Zeitler can play center but we don't know for sure.

I wouldn't take a guard until the later rounds. Jerry basically signed Bernadeau and Livings as stop-gaps so guys like Arkin and Nagy can develop. Just my two cents.
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    I agree Center is still a need. Zeitlers short area numbers bode well for C if they want to go in that direction. However saying what is on the roster fills the guard needs, not so much. I am seeing more like lets throw you know what against the wall and see what sticks. If you got Zeitler the first thing you do is plug him in at one guard spot and not look back.
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,892 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    at 45 i would be happy with

OG: Zeitler, Silatolu
    DE: Worthy/Crick/Wolff

in trade up: McLellin

worst case scenario would be trade down (ie JJ gets cute)

i think we go Barron in 1, DE/OLB in 2, and OG in 3 or 4
  15. supercowboy8

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    I'm glad you can see the future.
    But I think he will be at 45 and if he is I will take him over our #4 CB(Boykin). I like the idea of drafting a CB to be the #4 and develop into the #2 next year when Jenkins walks but not at #45 with better players that can help us out more now are on the board.
    I like Boykin but I like Zeitler more, and if he is there I take Zeitler at 45.
  16. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    more and more i'm starting to be okay with a reach for bruce irvin in the 2nd
  17. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Hopefully one of them will be there after we grab Cox in the 1st.
  18. supercowboy8

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    I agree but calling Bernadaeu and Living starters are a joke. I thnk they replace Dockers and Holland and can start if needed but Dallas will still look for upgrades. Livings is here until Arkin can replace him.
    Nagy is not a OG in the NFL. I think Nagy, Killer, and Costa are all centers and even Bernadeau. Drafting Zeitler at 45 wouldn't stop me from drafting Jones or Blake in the 4th.
  19. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,892 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    i agree

however, i think that if they take barron in rd 1 and view OC as the bigger need and are sold on either jones or blake then tey will go DE/OLB in rd 2 and take OL in 3 or 4
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I like Zeitler and Silatolu a whole lot.

Some guy that everyone thinks is a consensus first round draft pick is going to be there at #45. I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Perry falls there with character concerns.