1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

At what point does SHAME come into play with the Jones Family?

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by Zordon, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,685 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    As long as they are the most popular team in the world and don't absolutely suck, there is none at all. The only time Jerry gave in was after 3 straight 5-11 years with Campo. It would have to take something like that to happen for any real changes.

In an interview, Jerry was asked was he disappointed or something to that degree. He said to look at the stadium he had and said how could he be disappointed or upset with something like that he could call his own. That sums it up right there. He's all about the splash and flash, not the actual meat and potatoes.
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,235 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, the three 8-8 seasons were just 5-11 disguised as 8-8.
    The Houdini effect allows Jerry to .... Say, insist, spout off all the crap he does...
  3. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,685 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    I agree to a certain extent. In fact, some can argue in hindsight, 8-8 is worse than 5-11. You are stuck in mediocrity purgatory. You get a middle of the road draft pick. At least 5-11 can force changes along with a good draft pick. I feel the bottom has to drop out for Jerry to maybe open his eyes like he did in 2003 bringing Bill in here. 8-8 and missing the playoffs by one game keeps hope alive in his eyes and we get stuck with the same thing over and over.

Like the movie Groundhog Day.
    REDVOLUTION likes this.
  4. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,482 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Q: At what point does SHAME come into play with the Jones Family?

A: When the money stops rolling in due to poor performance.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    I agree .... you should avoid everything Cowboys related ....... including this forum.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,902 Messages
    2,079 Likes Received
    Not in Jerry's mind. The three 8-8 seasons were really 11-5 seasons disguised as 8-8 because of a run of bad luck and injuries. He knows we're oh so close.
    Chocolate Lab and REDVOLUTION like this.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,026 Messages
    4,535 Likes Received
    Shame is inversely proportional to net worth.
    coogrfan likes this.
  8. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,482 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I am avoiding everything that puts more money in his pocket.
  9. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,010 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    As long as we keep getting moral victories, we are fine. Honestly, I think they are delusional.
    Tawney88 likes this.
  10. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,339 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,375 Likes Received

Yeah damn all us who aren't going to quit watching our favorite football team so that other fans can get that boycotting done that they're wanting.
  12. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,973 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    I'd like to point out that you do not have to beg players to restructure a contract. Why would anybody not want to take a big lump sum of their contract up right away? If you ask a player to restructure, they come running with a pen in their hand.
  13. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

853 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Read the characteristics of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. People with that syndrome cannot feel shame or even understand or give credence to criticism. As an example, I had a narcissist patient who arrogantly had affairs without conscience; when finally caught and extorted, facing embarrassment and shame in family and career, he committed suicide. No one could believe that this extremely confident and powerful man would ever have reason to do that, but this illustrates how intolerable shame is to a true narcissist.
  14. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,235 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    To the question.

When another 20 years pass and there 3-4 more Super Bowls played in his stadium and none include his team.
  15. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,433 Messages
    1,931 Likes Received
    This is the best reply of the entire thread.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    Players wanted FA they got it and this is part of the deal. Shame no Dallas should not be ashambed no more than any other team who cuts and or releases Vets. Pats do it they are not shameful for that. Dallas doing this will help get the cap in order resinging Ware and Hatcher only puts us in a deeper hole. Seems you want to complain if Dallas keeps Ware and complain when they release him.
  17. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,377 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    Zordon where is your shame. Really
  18. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,474 Messages
    706 Likes Received
    I am doing my part, I haven't spent a dime on this team since the 44 - 6 Eagle debacle in 2008.
    Air Force One likes this.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received