1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Atl goes for it on 4th down agree or disagree?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Doomsday101, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    With the Falcons in overtime against the Saints, Atlanta coach Mike Smith made the decision to go for a fourth-and-1 on his own 29-yard line. You know the rest of the story -- Michael Turner was stuffed, the Saints got the ball and soon kicked the game-winning field goal. Smith took all the blame for the decision after the loss, but the question remains: How much of a disservice did he do to his team?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-it-the-right-call?module=HP11_content_stream
  2. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    Myself I thought it was a horrible call. Going for it from you own 29 yard line in OT in my view was stupid. If you don't get it NO is sitting in FG even if they don't pick up a single yard
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Horrible call.

Absolutely horrible.

you don't make it and you lose. You gave it to the Saints already in field goal range.

Terrible call.
  4. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    I was glad he did it because it drops the Falcons to 5-4 but as they say on ESPN. Come on Man :laugh2:
  5. lonestar6

lonestar6 Member

55 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reminds me of the Cowboys 4th and 1 call against against the Eagles in 1995, deep in Cowboys territory. It was bad call then and it is still a bad call today.
  6. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    I agree. I will say the differance was Dallas was in the cold with high winds that were killing punts that day while this is an indoor stadium with good footing, no wind and closer to their own goal line. But yes both were bad calls
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,623 Messages
    3,150 Likes Received
    It shows a complete lack of confidence in the Falcon defense.
  8. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    True. They were down 10 points got the game tied so that had shown they could stop NO but they go for it from their own 29? I could under stand if they were in NO end of the field with less than a yard to go.

As I said it puts Alt at 5-4 along with the Cowboys.