1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Atlanta Falcons Draft Grade

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Yeagermeister, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    How did they do?

#6. Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

#27. Traded to Browns

#59. Traded to Browns

#91. Akeem Dent, LB, Georgia

#124. Traded to Browns

#145. (from Rams)...Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State

#158 Traded to Rams

#192. Matt Bosher, P, Miami

#210. (from 49ers)...Andrew Jackson, OG, Fresno State

#230 (from Patriots) Cliff Matthews, DE, South Carolina

2012 1st round pick...traded to Browns
    2012 4th round pick...traded to Browns
  2. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this wasa a tough one. I thought they did well with the picks they had after the trade but they get a "D" from me for giving up way too much for JJ
  3. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I liked the Jacquiz Rodgers pick and Dent pick a lot.

Julio Jones wasn't their first choice, they wanted AJ Green. That is the talk all over the Atlanta airwaves.

So you just traded 5 picks for a player who wasn't even your first choice?

5 picks, as in possibly 5 players who could have been starters, or maybe even hall of famers.

Your betting your draft that he is a star. The last few times that happened were when NO traded everything for Ricky Williams who went on to play his best football for a different team, and the Herschel trade.

So both times it didn't work out very well for the team that did it.

I like Julio and think he could be a really good player, but for that many picks he has to be a superstar to justify it.

If 5 years from now they have their first SB win in franchise history b/c of it, then it will have been well worth it to them. Otherwise he will be considered a bust and you'll probably start seeing signs like "WHO-lio Jones?"
  4. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    D. They got a good player but they gave up too much for a receiver when they could have taken a good receiver where they were at or traded down at still got their number 2 receiver. that team already has good offensive talent, they needed help on defense.
  5. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,141 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    I think they are similar to our draft grade. the signed two electric offensive players and landed some great Defensive player. I think all draft grades should be incomplete until free agency because that is when the teams holes will be filled.
  6. Dmoore Esq

Dmoore Esq Member

170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was the only way they could bring in a WR of JJ's caliber, and they obviously feel he puts them over the top. I'll give it a B. It's a bold move. Gave up a lot, but when you're trying to win a championship now, you don't worry as much about draft picks that might not help you year 1.
  7. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just imagine if this was the Cowboys or Redskins, trading up to get their franchise receiver, and giving up so many picks, what kind of draft grade they would get.

I think the media is being very generous (I've seen mostly A grades). They certainly have their favorites...