1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Atlanta's Team Is Cowboys Best Hope

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboysooner, Jan 13, 2013.

1. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Atlanta and Dallas are very similar in their construction. Both are invested heavily in 2 big physical receivers, a tight end and a quarterback. Neither has an offensive line or elite running game. Both teams spend on their corners and don't have a ton of depth in the dline. Both have backers that can really run.

They do 2 things far better than we do: limit turnovers and commit fewer penalties. If we could do the same we would have similar Success.
  2. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,651 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Matty"Romo" >>>> Romo
  3. xvendettax914

xvendettax914 Active Member

156 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Um... Atl o-line looks quite a bit better than ours.. Wouldnt say they dont have an oline..
  4. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,869 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Smith is a lot better coach than Garrett. And their oline is good.
  5. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,679 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    they play pretty damn good at home. we dont
  6. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    The oline is playing great today but if you look at their regular season they really did not run the ball well. Turner had about 850 yards and was healthy all year. Matty ice had a romo 2011 instead of multiple multiinterception games.

I'd agree their oline is better (they dont have a free or bern) than Dallas but it is not leaps and bounds different. If we were average on the right side we could play with them.
  7. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I've watched enough Atlanta games to say that Matt Ryan is allowed to stay upright in the pocket most of the time. His pass protection seems to be pretty good. Ryan has much less mobility and escapability than Romo.

But you can make this about Romo vs Ryan if it makes you feel good.

The real difference is Atlanta dictates the pace more and doesn't wait until the 4th quarter to start scoring.
    Also Atlanta has done a good job winning the close ones.
    Not a dominating team. But steady and conservative.
  8. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Their GM isn't a egomaniac *******.
  9. BigD5

BigD5 Active Member

210 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Don't compare the Dallas Cowboys or tony Romo to the Falcons. There is no comparison. They are better than Dallas 10 ways to Sunday.

Better coaching. Better organization. Better Qb. Better wrs. Better rbs. Better offense and defensive lines.

That's why they are 13-3 and in the conf champ game and Dallas is 7-9 or 8-8 (whatever they ended up being) and sitting at home for the 3rd year in a row. And is no longer known as the premier organization in professional football. Only know as the butt of the joke of the NFL now
  10. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,949 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    Now your post makes sense.
  11. dragon_mikal

4,949 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    So you think if Matt Ryan was on the Cowboys this year the Cowboys would be in the playoffs and if Tony Romo was quarterback of the Falcons the Falcons would have finished 8-8?
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,651 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Put Romo on the Falcons, they lose today.
  13. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,648 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    I don't know maybe Ryan looked pretty shakey out there to IMO.
  14. BigD5

BigD5 Active Member

210 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    No I think Romo could've done exactly what Ryan did this year. Romo has done what Ryan has done this year before.

But if Romo is on the Falcons today, then Seattle is heading to SF next wk to play on the NFC Champ game.

Romo cannot and will not ever win a big game. I'm sorry man. He just is not ever gonna get it done. Make all the excuses you want to but show me where he's shown signs of winning a big game
  15. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Atlanta's OL is and HAS BEEN a lot better than the Cowboys OL all year long.
  16. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

128 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    We have two big physical receivers? Dez and.....who else exactly?!? If you say Austin is a big physical WR I'll die laughing.
  17. MachPilot

MachPilot Member

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Have to agree with the last poster. If Romo is in the game, they lose. As soon as Seattle mounted real pressure by scoring, Romo would have faltered and Dallas loses.

There is no way in hell Romo throws those passes, or the dallas scheme allows it to take them down for a winning field goal in a MUST WIN game.

No way. I have zero confidence in Romo in must win games. I have a strong body of work (1-6) to back me up. You just cant refute his body of work.

Doc
  18. dragon_mikal

4,949 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    I would argue that Romo won plenty of big games this year alone. The last half of the season was pretty much win or you're out and he was able to win enough of them to get the team in a position to make the playoffs.

Now he didn't help anything by going out and laying an egg against the Redskins but it shouldn't diminish how he almost carried a team that really shouldn't have been sniffing the playoffs to a division title.

I think if you give Romo Matt Ryan's football team the Falcons are still heading to the NFC Championship. Just MHO.
  19. dragon_mikal

4,949 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    How many playoff wins does Matt Ryan have?
  20. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,080 Messages
    94 Likes Received

One....
    Hes 1-3 if im not mistaken.
    But he does have a cool nickname.