1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: Big Nate compares Free vs Flo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, May 6, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's Big Nate as Calvin jumped on with him and Coop today...

Nate talks Doug Free vs Flozell Adams

That's great stuff from former NFL Offensive Lineman who knows the game.

Flo's age had turned him into a different player and his knee injury didn't help him either. But he was still a very good player on occasion because of his strength and size.

Doug Free isn't Flozell Adams. In a way this is a good thing and a bad thing. He's not going to be overmatched by smaller quicker guys because he can use his athleticism, but he may have problems with bigger stronger guys like a Jared Allen because he's not the biggest strongest Left Tackle in the league.

We are going to have to wait and see how Free puts his skill set to use this season.

Alex Barron. I am skeptical about him challenging either Free or Colombo for a starting job. I think he's more of a backup plan if anything.
  2. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,393 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    We got Barron in exchange for Bobby Carpenter. Straight up. That says it all right there.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    We did?

Even if we had, it wouldn't say anything other than we would like some proven depth and think he is worth the risk.
  4. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,393 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    We are going to need to give up a very high draft pick to get somebody good in at LT.

Our whole offense could go down the drain without decent LT play.
  5. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,393 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Well...that's the nature of trade terms discussed. You are right I shouldn't presume.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Yeah like we did with Tuinei.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Yep. You want to talk about a guy who was never seen as a LOT, that's Tuinei. Undrafted FA out of Hawaii, I believe, who was brought in to play DE for us.

Good point Hos.
  8. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,631 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Dude!!! :rolleyes:
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,750 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    Nate is talking like the Barron trade is a done deal.
  10. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,520 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Mark Tuinei was cut from a diff cloth.............I beleive it was Troy A that was quoted as saying that if he could choose anyone on the team to be paired up with in a dark alley in a hot situation..........It would be Tuinei......

and that was on a team filled w/ All Pro & Pro-bowlers..

did Tuinei say a dozen words (sar) in his years with the Cowboys.?......:star: he was a guy of few words......for sure
  11. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,361 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    If you can stomach it, watch these lowlights from the Playoff game in Minnesota and tell me again how bad Doug Free is at LT. Jared Allen had 1 sack in this game, and it was on Witten, not Free. Columbo was responsible for allowing 3 sacks and a ton of pressure, but let's not kid ourselves about his health. He was not 100% in that game. I'm not down on Doug Free like most others are. Can he get better? Sure, just like every other player on this team. But he's got more talent than most seem to give him credit for.

[youtube]Y2ROQU-HO68[/youtube]
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,772 Messages
    524 Likes Received

:hammer:
  13. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

1,739 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    This was my first time watching anything from that game. I was at work when it was on, and I told myself I didn't want to see it. But I just watched it and wow. Columbo got bent over.
  14. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,716 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    DCF, ever considered giving a quick little recap when posting these? Would be helpful.
  15. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why don't you listen and do a recap?

Where do they grow these people.
  16. theogt

43,716 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    Some people can't actually listen to the audio sometimes. I just don't get the idea of taking the time to record the audio, writing up multiple paragraphs about it, posting it, and all the while not actually describing what's said in the audio.

Never mind. Forget I said anything. I forgot no one can ever make suggestions to you because you get overly sensitive and defensive.
  17. couchscout

couchscout Member

708 Messages
    0 Likes Received

No kidding man, I absolutely refuse to click on any link he shares with this board because of the way he acts at even the slightest hint of critiscism or suggestion.
  18. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am usually writing the commentary as I am listening.

We are all waiting for when you get a chance to listen to this and then write a recap. The next time we see a recap from you will be the first time.

And don't tell us you haven't ever listened to the pods after it's first posted.

The funny thing is I would recap it and you would say I was dense or stupid if that's what I thought was said in the interview anyway, lol.

There are pieces of work in this world...

And then there is Theo.

:laugh2:
  19. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And who loses in this situation? lol.

So we all heard Nate give us some great commentary on the offensive line issue.

And you didn't.

And stop lying. You listen to all the audio and watch all the videos just like you watch ESPN.

20. theogt

43,716 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    Actually, I used to recap every single press conference a Dallas Cowboys coach or Jerry Jones had and posted them here. My recaps were almost literally word for word (here is an example). That was when I had free time. I don't have as much free time as you. You easily have the thinnest skin of anyone I've ever known. It's downright bizarre.