1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: Brett Maxie talks Alan Ball with Coop and Nate

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Aug 2, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brett Maxie talks Alan Ball with Coop and Nate

So far in training camp Alan Ball has been doing his job. He's not had an interception just yet, but he has had some pass breakups which is a great sign that he has range at the Free Safety spot.

Here's his position coach Brett Maxie talking about camp so far with Coop and Nate from ESPNDallas...

Coach Maxie on Coop and Nate

This defensive secondary has not had a lot of luck when it comes to tipped passes over the last few seasons. And they don't have the greatest hands either. Yes, I am talking to you Terence Newman.

If these guys can come up with more interceptions it's going to only make them that more dominant. I know they are trying as hard they can to come up with INT's, but I think we need to see some more chances taken by the CB's if they have help over the top.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    I believe Ball has 1 INT
  3. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Does he? Did it happen today?

I think I read yesterday that he had none so far.
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    no, it wasn't today..

there was a mix up..and I am still not sure what happened..

some people awarded Wall with the INT others awarded it to Ball..idiot reporters cant tell the difference between #30 and #20..so I am not sure what happened..I personally gave it to Ball lol
  5. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,806 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    I also remember Ball being credited with an INT about 5 or so days ago.

Like Glorydays said... it could have been just a mistake by TimmyMac when he meant to write Wall.
  6. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,653 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Bret makes a good point about it being harder to get INTs when you're playing man coverage. All things considered I like the man coverage with our guys because they are well suited to play it. I definitely like the press coverage better than playing 10 yards off the receivers, regardless of the coverage scheme.
  7. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh definitely.

Man coverage will discourage QB's from even throwing some passes because they see a defender right on a guys hip. Plus we know some QB's aren't the most accurate.
  8. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    He's been reported to have 2. I think I read the same thing that he has none and that was by Archer; I think he was mistaken.

Ball was credited for one one the 2nd or 3rd day of camp off a deflection. All sources reported that accurately with no discrepancies.

Then he was credited for jumping a curl route to crayton that was a late throw from Kitna for a diving interception. Mcmahon initially credited that to Wall but later on changed it to Ball. Other sources said it was Ball who had the pick. Archer later than day in his observations credited it to Wall.
  9. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh yeah. I now remember that one where he jumped the route to Crayton.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,495 Messages
    3,804 Likes Received
    Ball will be ok. I don't think we have a ballhawking safety.
  11. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We need one Ball sucks! :laugh2: