1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: Broaddus talks bubble players

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Aug 19, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Guys on the bubble - Offensive

That battle between Hurd and Holley is very interesting because of the money. I tend to think Coach Joe D will fight as hard as he can to keep Hurd. I could see Holley being more of a future option at WR because we pretty know what Hurd is at this point, but I am not sure he's all that much better than Hurd even on his best day.

Guys on the bubble - Defensive

With Wade probably wanting to keep Jason Williams the only way Leon Williams can make this team is if they keep both Jason and Leon Williams. That would be five Inside Linebackers though. Have to see how the other positions on this team work themselves out in the next few weeks.
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,872 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    This season, the money buffer is going low power. So to surplant Hurd his place on the special teams would have to be securely in place. He would have to be strongly beat at receiver as Hurd once again is catching in games, what is thrown around him. That is dependable in his receptions as well.

As to linebackers, they seem to carry a heavier load in today's types of coverages. So other positions such as offensive line will reflect first. The heat is indeed upon Leon Williams to win by iron clad dependability.
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    McGee on thebubble - lol - got happy feet - plus he no good

:laugh2:

yea give me Josh Brent
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,872 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    I tell you, in pads, he looks the part allright. But McGee holds the clipboard every game day....just in case.
  5. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He still thinks Jason Williams is a bubble player?
  6. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Has Hudgins been playing any special teams?
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,306 Messages
    1,131 Likes Received
    That's the comment I still can't believe.

It's like he doesn't know that the Cowboys drafted him as a two-to-three-year project.
  8. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,551 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    LOL, Wade wants to keep Jason because his play has dictated that he be kept. No slight of hand and no grand conspiracy to keep Leon out of the league.
  9. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,551 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I know, it kind of makes it hard to believe anything he says with such ignorant opinions about a player.
  10. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Also, You know what you have in L. Williams. In a year or two J. Williams has the physical tools to be a special player if it all clicks for him.
  11. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You didn't know that Jerry hates the name Leon?? I thought everybody knew that...

I think it goes back to Leon Lett... :D
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm not a big Holley fan, but I believe at some point you have to churn the bottom of the roster of players that just aren't going to move up. I think this is Hurd's 5th season. He isn't going to ever be anything more than a 5th WR. It's time to churn the bottom of the roster. Out with the old and in with the new.

Chances are next season it will be Holley that gets churned off the roster.
  13. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,551 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    Or Leon the WR from one the commercial that is escaping my memory right now. The one when he refused to go in the game.
  14. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,347 Messages
    3,232 Likes Received
    I don't see them cutting JW. They knew he was a project.
  15. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,551 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I think he is ahead of his development schedule.
  16. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,358 Messages
    890 Likes Received
    I always liked Hurd but this year I would rather carry an extra db over an extra wr. Hurd and Holley just aren't needed as wrs, they are strictly special teams players.
  17. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,399 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    If we carry six WRs, do only five go on the active list? Same question with the ninth LB and/or DB?
  18. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,430 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I keep hearing DC chorus Broadus' opinion that we'll only keep Jason Will because he's a Wade guy and insinuating he's not good enough but Wade won't want to look bad.

It's almost like being a Wade guy is supposed to have a negative connotation or something:rolleyes: . You know I'll rather my players be Broadus_Dcfanatic guys.
    It's ridiculous really that they think they know better than Wade.

The guy was drafted as an athletic freak who's a 2 to 3 year project. Nothing's changed yet.
  19. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,338 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    This.

Broaddus is trippin.
  20. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,976 Messages
    948 Likes Received
    Yeah, you know what you have in Hurd: A fairly dependable, reliable, but not spectacular receiver who excels on special teams. What is so needing to be churned about that? ;)