1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Audio: Audio: Brooking on GAC today

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Aug 30, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love Keith Brooking, but some of this 'Wade Talk' from time to time really puts me off...

Brooking on Galloway and Company

No Keith. They did line up and kick your butts. The offensive and defensive line were both getting pushed around all game.

Don't tell me about the Texans doing things you never saw on film. These players were not even stopping the most basic of plays on defense or executing the most basic of plays on offense.

Whether this team can turn it on in the blink of an eye is a concern right now.
  2. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Alright then, I guess fans/Media know better than an 5 time probowl LB. YOu learn something new on this board everyday.
  3. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

10,700 Messages
    2,262 Likes Received
    DCFanatic is known for this from time to time...
  4. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

12,706 Messages
    4,901 Likes Received
    If Houston broke out plays they hadn't been running and used misdirection and surprise... then what's wrong with Brooking mentioning it?

Houston badly wanted to win that game, and this is just more proof. Kubiak let his team know how important it was and Phillips let his team know that it didn't matter.

The teams played accordingly.
  5. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Known for what Logan?
  6. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We played man coverage and couldn't cover. And didn't know who was supposed to cover Andre Johnson.

So Wade said to go out and get out played physically while embarassing yourself?

Awesome!
  7. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,889 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    Did you take your meds? Calm down before you give yourself a stroke.
  8. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So every time the players speak the fans should listen and not have their own opinions on anything?

Cool.

And you are agreeing with Brooking that this team wasn't whipped physically?

If so then you were watching a different game.
  9. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,119 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    try telling that to hostile DC :rolleyes:
  10. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm great.

But just like I knew Wade would be pumping sunshine by now I also know some fans fall right in line with that BS a few days after an *** whipping.

Everything is going to be fine. - Wade Phillips

That's why he's still deciding if he's going to play some starters on Thursday.

:laugh2:
  11. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,660 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    LOL @ an *** whipping in a preseason game.
  12. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I don’t have a problem with anything Brooking said. I refuse to get upset over a meaningless preseason game. I will save it for when we lose a game that counts in the books. They say it’s a lack of game planning. Ok, i’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. They say they are tired, long training camp, wanting to go home, no passion, tired legs. Ok, i’ll go with that too. I refuse to go into game one with a hopeless mentality when nothing has been proven either way.
  13. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No, that wasn't press man coverage, where the WR simply blew past the CBs. They were playing almost zone to 1 safety high coverage. Which allows for easy completions in the middle etc. It might be man coverage but not really normal man coverage that Cowboys play.

The embarassing thing was the Run D probably were one can claim they got out physicalled.

According this guys observations, the Houston D ran lot stunts and Blitzed even for a regular season. But I guess according to Bryan Broddaus, Houston ran regular plays. :rolleyes:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...we-learned-about-dallas?utm_source=newsletter

But I am sure the media/Fans have seen every game Houston played this pre-season. Sure Cowboys performance is bad/pathetic, but to pretend that that Houston did nothing special at all is really laughable to pure hypocrisy/or personal dislike of Wade. All I see is Agenda when I see that kind of claims.
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

18,222 Messages
    3,749 Likes Received
    Wow, so in todays NFL when Andre Johnson beats you when youre on an island and hes being moved around formations that means you suck at coverage?

We did nothing to account for AJ scheme wise and they were working to get him in single coverage. Getting beat by the best WR in football on an island really does not show anything.
  15. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,119 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    hey dc, i sure havent fallen for that ole bs line from wade, have you been reading my posts back and forth between myself and hostile, could use alittle help here on that, your buddy joe
  16. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,933 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    This!!!:bow:
  17. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No, I didn't see this team whipped physically. SD game, I thought Cowboys D was and even O was whipped physically. Houston game, Cowboys were more like didn't put much effort. I was more concerned about SD game then I have been with Houston. Houston game only concerned me about the effort level. I felt like SD game, Cowboys D put effort and still kind of failed, which concerned me more,.

It had nothing to do with Houston being physically superior.
  18. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I get where Hos is coming from.

It looks pretty bad right now.

Big picture this team can pull it together. The talent is certainly there and all of these players should be comfortable in their role on the team.

But don't be that team that has guys looking around for someone else to sound the alarm.

This film room today should have been filled with some pissed off football players. I really hope it wasn't filled with players who were being told that they weren't just physically whipped in the trenches which led to a meltdown. Romo was running for his life or taking shots even when he was completing passes and Arian Foster was looking like Earl Campbell.

That's it in a nut shell.

So watch the film and be angry at what you are seeing. Get back on the grind back in Dallas. No more training camp traveling and being away from home.

That scenario this summer hurt this team. But that's now over with.

Take the next two weeks to work things out and go be the Dallas Cowboys who looked very impressive in some late season wins to close out 2009.
  19. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When the starters were on the field the defensive play called for him t be double teamed.

And no one covered him.

I don't care if it's practice.

That's embarassing. Even Wade admitted that it was disappointing to him.
  20. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Come on bro.

The Cowboys offensive line was being pushed around. There was like 8 plays where someone got into the backfield and blew up a run or sacked/hit Romo.

The Texas RB was running thru gaping holes because the Cowboys defense was being abused.

I watched this game three times already. Igor was useless. Gurode, Davis and Holland looked like they were in slow motion.

Matt Schaub had all day to pass.

Just stop already.