1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: Dr. Souryal talks Dez injury on The Football Show

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Jul 30, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dr. Souryal on The Football Show talking Dez

Tonight everyone was talking about Dez Bryant injury and the guys at The Football Show on FM 103.3 ESPN had Dr. Tarek Souryal (Mavs Team Doctor) on tonight to breakdown the situation...

Dr. Souryal on The Football Show - July 30

Sounds like it was right in the middle. The sprain wasn't something he's coming back from in 3-4 weeks and it's not something that he needs to worry about having surgery on in the next few weeks.

We are still going to have to see what we get from the MRI, but Dr. Souryal did a great job of explaining the differences between a normal ankle sprain and the dreaded high ankle sprain.
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,824 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    He'll be back at 100% early in the season. Even if he misses a couple of games, he'll be eclipsing Randy's rookie #'s in no time. ;) Much to the dismay of Romo 2 Austin.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    Gah this sucks.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    He thinks that once the 4-6 weeks is over he shouldn't have any pain in his ankle.

If Dez could get back in a month and give himself a couple of weeks before the Redskins game then that would be huge.

College football doesn't have a preseason so he is used to playing 4 quarters of football right out the gate.
  5. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,688 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    I still believe his youth, eagerness for the game, excitement to play, will have him back and ready to go by the last preseason game or definately the opener. Youth plays a big part in my mind, a inshape youthful body heals fast.. Dez will be back sooner then later...
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    Didn't someone say he signed autographs after he hurt it? Is that a true story.

It's going to hurt like crap tomorrow but the whole 4-6 weeks thing sounded more like when he could start dealing with the pain is when he can come back.

If the pain is gone in 3 weeks he may be back.

He also did an interview with the ticket and made it sound like he wasn't in much pain.
  7. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,688 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Yea I heard the same regarding the autograph signing. I just never underestimate YOUTH when dealing with injuries and their recovery times. It's amazing what youth and a positive mind can physically accomplish... He'll be back soon..
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Too much hype around Bryant jinxed him on this forum....
  9. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I need to finish Jobu and his altar. Good mojo never hurt anything.
  10. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    R.I.C.E. = Rest. Ice. Compression. Elevation.

Oh, and read the playbook.
  11. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Could be.

The issue now is that he'll lose lots of vital preparation. I don't think he'll play much until week four.

I was getting ready to recant on my <500 yards for the year prediction. I feel like someone hit me in the stomach.
  12. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe he'll be back for week 1... I don't believe he'll play much though.
  13. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,234 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Supposedly staff is shooting for last pre-season game. He'll be fine.
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,614 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    So sad looking at those pictures of him in the walking boot.

I want him to heal as much as possible and not rush it.

If that means he has to miss a couple of games, so be it.

Cowboys can hold the fort till then.
  15. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,295 Messages
    1,441 Likes Received
    This is how I feel. Don't rush him back too soon. We won 11 games without him last year, so we'll be okay. And we'll be that much better when he comes back.:D
  16. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,493 Messages
    451 Likes Received

Sounds about right. 2 weeks in the boot, then another 2-3 weeks rehab/practice. He'll probably suit up for that last game, go thru warm-ups and everything, but i'm not sure how much they would play him in that game, if at all.
  17. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,499 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    This stinks. I really wanted to see the kid in action next weekend.
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The Cowboys finished 2nd in the NFL in total yards last year without him. Anything he contributed as a rookie was a luxory, not a necessity. If he just gives us a dynamic punt returner and target in red zone packages, he'll make a big contribution to the team this year. We don't need him to be a staple of the base offense. He fate of the season relies far more on the offensive line playing up to their salaries and the defense becoming a playmaking, turnover causing unit than it does on a rookie WR contributing.
  19. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You and the rest of us.... Oh well, I just hope everything heals so he can be effective for the regular season.
  20. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,817 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    He will be back in no time. Ive broken my ankle three times, once with ligament damage and sprained it atleast 3-4 more times. He will be running straight in no time, the cuts will take a bit longer.