1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: GAC talks draft - Sean Lee Interview

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Apr 26, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The fellas over at Galloway and Company were talking draft today and had new Cowboy Sean Lee on for an interview...

GAC talking draft - Plus Sean Lee Interview

He's going to be a solid pro for a lot of years. That isn't really an issue.

I do wonder about a rookie coming in and playing the Nickel LB role though. Last season a lot of people had given this job to Jason Williams when he was drafted and it never even came close to materializing.

And now that Lee is in the mix at ILB it seems Carpenter's days are numbered.

So if Carp is gone soon then you had better hope one of the young kids can handle this Nickel LB job because I do love Brooking and Bradie as the starters but I don't want to see either of them out there on third down as the Nickel LB.
  2. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,000 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    I love brooking and bradie until i watch the ravens and steelers play
  3. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Jason Williams was starting to make a little move, but he got hurt. The coaches talked about him picking things up.

I do respect and like Bradie James. He isn't perfect, but he's tough. He's a fighter, and he's a high character guy. He's durable, too. Bradie James will respond. He's a good football player. I don't think he's close to being done, either.

I think Williams and Lee make Carpenter expendable. Carpenter did better than I thought he would, but Dallas obviously wants to get better inside and on the nickel.

I would love to see Jason Williams on the field, because that guy will get to the QB.
  4. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm sure someone else will note this, but there's a HUGE difference from where Jason Williams came from, compared to Sean Lee. There's is a tremendous difference in competition and scheme diversity/complexity. The learning curve was much steeper for him than it will be for Lee.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,881 Messages
    2,111 Likes Received
    Lee, Williams, Octavien, or Hodge will step up and be that Nickel guy.

If Bobby can do it then surely one of them can step up and do it.

Also Sean Lee played Corner in Highschool so he has experience covering guys in space.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,881 Messages
    2,111 Likes Received
    Yeah Jason Williams is basically last years AOA.

If the light bulb pops on than its over. Williams actually looked good in the preseason last year too.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    DC, did you happen to get Broaddus on GAC reviewing our draft? I knew I was going to miss some of it so I recorded it, then Audacity crashed on me. :banghead:
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jason Williams was just hopelessly lost when he came in. Right now he's better moving forward than he is understanding coverage responsibilities. I don't think Lee will have that problem.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't think it's really level of comp. Lee is just that much more ahead of most college guys in understanding the nuances of the game. Hell, he was even an assistant coach of sorts when he had to sit out because of his knee. While in college. As a Junior, or Senior. I think he got a red-shirt for that year.