1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: Mike Jenkins on Sirius NFL Radio

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Apr 10, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The guys at Sirius NFL Radio wanted to get Mike Jenkins opinion on the Donovan McNabb trade. Plus Jenkins says he was shocked by the release of Ken Hamlin...

Mike Jenkins on Sirius NFL Radio

So far Jenkins is winning the battle with DeSean Jackson. But that battle is going to keep going for a bunch of years and I am going to enjoy watching it.

I don't see McNabb doing much with the Skins offense. Santana Moss' best years are behind him and the same goes for all the RB's on that roster. Even if the Skins sign Flozell Adams the offensive line is suspect at best. Skins won't win more than 6 games.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Somehow I get the feeling that rivalry will not last as long as well want it to. Jackson has a little too much TO in him for Philadelphia. I would not be surprised to see him start to punch his ticket at some point this year when he lashes out at Kolb.
  3. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,177 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Jackson is overrated.

That being said, he is closer with Kolb than he was to McNabb. He wanted Kolb to become the starter. That whole receiving and running back corps was younger and closer to Kolb than McNabb. I doubt they'll have personality problems.
  4. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    they will when kolb under throws him
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mike Jenkins is a beast... I love this kid's swagger and attitude.
  6. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,500 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    What?

I'm pretty sure Newman was on Jackson most of the time.

Jenkins was going 1 on 1 with Maclin.
  7. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,177 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Nope.

Jackson plays the X reciever position, which means he's most often on the left side of their formation, which made him matched up with Jenkins more often than not.
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Newman was covering Jackson the most for sure. Matt Mosley was the only writer that wrote about what a great job Newman did on Jackson in their first matchup.

Newman was the guy that shut Jackson down three times. Without him taking all those reps on Jackson, good luck stopping the Eagles, because they have two dangerous WRs.

Jenkins was on Macklin most of the time.

People should know this. Macklin's only play came against Jenkins in the playoff game where he slipped, the TD. Jenkins pick was against Macklin in game one. Jackson did get ahead of Newman one time (post route) in game 2, too, but McNabb missed him.
  9. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,662 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Yep, remember the Vick TD pass to Maclin?

You know, the only TD they scored on us in the last two games. ;)
  10. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yep. How sweet it was watching our CBs shut them down.
  11. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    No, Newman was on Jackson the most. We actually doubled him quite a bit while leaving Jenkins one on one with Maclin. This was the same strategy for all 3 of our games.
  12. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    i beg to differ, if the skins get okung at OT, then sign flozell at LOT, while okung plays ROT, they could be enough to give you fits and surprise you

remember we all thought the same thing when their young head coach zorn came into the picture and what happened first game at texas stadium, they beat us.

so dont take them for granted

i sure would rather see the bears or bills sign Flozell, not the redskins

i want the cowboiys to bury mcnabb on defense and killl him so to speak, and not let them get out of the gate