1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: Stephen Jones talks draft on The Fan

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Apr 20, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's Stephen Jones talking about the draft and in particular Nate Allen and Taylor Mays...

Stephen Jones on 105.3 The Fan

So it seems like Stephen is admitting to picking the brain of Mike Jenkins about Nate Allen. Sounds good to me. Jenkins and Allen are boys from Florida and that plays well in the locker room and on the field, Jenkins even recently tweeted that Allen was the best Safety in the draft...

Nate allen best safety. In coll overall
    1:31 AM Apr 16th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

If you listen towards the end of his comments about Mays it seems like they have already had discussions about what the kid can't do from the Free Safety spot and how they would have to adjust the defense if he were the pick. But I don't think it's a good sign when one of the main guys making draft decisions uses the term 'shortcomings' when discussing that player.

The other interesting thing from Stephen in there was talking about taking the best available player on the board. That tells me the Cowboys are not stressed going into this draft.

I don't think Jerry or Stephen are all that impressed with some of the backups on this team. Especially at the offensive and defensive line spots.

Would you be?
  2. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    If we pick Allen, he probably will end up being a good player for us. I hoped for better value out of our first, but it may not fall that way. He is a solid player at a position of need. So, I won't argue about it.
  3. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    preciate this dc